Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adverse Possession

• 25-10-2010 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi, I am writing a piece of fiction which involves a Court Case about Adverse Possession of a house. I know the rules (12 years occupancy adverse to the real owners title) but I don't know what goes on in court. I haven't been to a Court Case regarding this situation. Could any of you legal eagles enlighten me.
    I think it is at least Circuit Court but is it perhaps High Court.
    I would be grateful for any help on this issue.
    Thanks Miranda.
    Not sure if this this the correct forum.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Hi miranda, post this over on the legal discussion forum and youll have plenty of replies.

Your best bet is to read a case.

see here: http://www.courts.ie/judgments.nsf/6681dee4565ecf2c80256e7e0052005b/640c5261fb7e907f80257367003c3e01?OpenDocument

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Miranda7

Hi No Quarter,
    Thanks for your reply. I find this site a bit difficult to navigate and can't find the legal discussion forum. Thanks for giving me the link to the case. It will be very helpful. One of the things I am not sure of is whether a decision on a case such as this would be handed down on the day and could adverse possession be heard in the Circuit Court or must it alway be heard in the High Court. I have some legal knowledge but no Court experience.
    thanks for your help.
    Miranda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Just hover your mouse over the "soc" tab and its under "legal discussion" under that!

A mod might move it.

As far as i know its a high court matter but i stand to be corrected, that case in particular was a high court case anyway.

If you go to to www.courts.ie and search for adverse possession it will throw up a couple of cases on it.

There was a very recent case but i cant seem to find it. Ill have another look.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Miranda7

Thanks no Quarter. I found it and I have had one reply already.
    Miranda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

As the OP has posted the question in a more appropriate forum this thread is now closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement