Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Eircom

• 25-10-2010 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

Hello All,

I recently "upgraded from Eircom's 1mb to the NGB 8mb thinking I was obviously going to get better broadband. Now since the upgrade my broadband is brutal. I mainly use it for online gaming but since the change, I just can't play because the lag is shocking. So I've been on to their support today and it turns out, that my line can't handle anymore that 1mb :mad:. So they moved me back down to what I was on & it's still terrible.
    I signed up with them for 12 months because I thought I was getting up to 8mb/a better quality broadband :confused:

Will they let me out of the contract as I feel I was mislead by the salesperson. They never even tested to see what my line could handle, not only that but the NGB is not even in my area yet !!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Refuse to pay them!

If they have put you back on 1 mb then thats all you should pay them for.

If they sold you NGB but it's not available to you then they have no recourse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Refuse to pay them!

If they have put you back on 1 mb then thats all you should pay them for.

If they sold you NGB but it's not available to you then they have no recourse.

thanks for replaying,

I was onto them today............waiting for a reply as they need to listen to the phone call. I rang another one today though to see if the ngb was available in my area (on the site it isn't) she said the order couldn't go through if it wasn't available though.

She said that before the upgrade I was sharing my line with 46 people, now I'm sharing it with no one.

Basically the techs told me yesterday I should have never been upgraded as my line wasn't able for it.

I asked about getting out of the contract, she said there's now way I can leave it :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Thats a bit of a sticky situation and believe me refusing to pay is not the answer. They will merely cut you off and leave you without broadband or phone while they continue to bill you and you continue to query :o I would however ring and ask for the number for customer care which is a specific area that deals with such complaints. Outline your complaint clearly and tell them that they either give you what you ordered or you wish to return to your original supplier. Do not take no for an answer from them. If they are unable to provide you with the service they will need to release you from the contract. Threaten them with the Ombudsman and if necessary contact him , they're is a specific area again for communications.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

eircom are a right shower of liar's,i recently signed up to there 3mb service,i rarely get up to 1mb it is almost unusable between 5-10pm,been told that my entire estate is on the one line :eek:
    when i asked about getting out of my contract i was told no but my argument is that im not getting what i paid up for.
    and there's no plans as of yet about upgrading the lines around here,right shower of cowboys imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

shawnee wrote: »
    Thats a bit of a sticky situation and believe me refusing to pay is not the answer. They will merely cut you off and leave you without broadband or phone while they continue to bill you and you continue to query :o I would however ring and ask for the number for customer care which is a specific area that deals with such complaints. Outline your complaint clearly and tell them that they either give you what you ordered or you wish to return to your original supplier. Do not take no for an answer from them. If they are unable to provide you with the service they will need to release you from the contract. Threaten them with the Ombudsman and if necessary contact him , they're is a specific area again for communications.

They're saying that I have been ungraded :confused:

I was on 1mb now I'm on 1mb ngb ?? I'm absolutly raging, I signed up for 12 months because I thought I'd be getting close to 8mb not what I was previously on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I can empathise with the OP's situation, having dealt with Eircom's "support services". Their complaints telephone number is 1800 200 481 if that is of assistance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

shawnee wrote: »

If Eircom sold a customer NGB but it's not available then the customer has no obligation to pay. If Eircom send a bill for NGB then the customer may and should request a correct bill before paying.
    There is no mention in the o/p's post as having moved from another supplier to Eircom :confused:

Advertisement