Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water gone again in Ballintemple

Options
  • 25-10-2010 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else's water gone? Turned on the tap and a load of gurgling air came out, but no water. There's nothing on the Council website about planned works, etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

hey paintdoc,
    i just posted a thread on this:)
    im only around the corner from you my water is gone aswell, same as you said it just gurgled then went completly,
    does that mean the tank for showers etc, will eventually empty:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

bladebrew wrote: »
    does that mean the tank for showers etc, will eventually empty:confused:

the cold water tap in your kitchen should be a direct feed from the mains - if there's no water coming to that tap, you're probably not getting water to the tank in the attic, so yes, it'll empty in time.

disclaimer: I'm a computer scientist, not a plumber.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Just spoke to a few more neighbours - they're water is off too. Don't use the water in your hot taps for the moment, if you drain that system, you'll airlock it and it won't be able to refill properly.

I can't believe this is happening again. We were over 2 weeks without water last winter, we were literally the last part of the city to have our water returned, and today the City Council's emergency line isn't even answering. What a joke.

Just found out it's a burst water mains at the top of Skehard Road, and they're working on it at the moment.

cheers for that!

i cant complain much this is the first time my water has gone in 4 years living here, i must be on a different supply,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 The Nipp

deRanged wrote: »
    the cold water tap in your kitchen should be a direct feed from the mains - if there's no water coming to that tap, you're probably not getting water to the tank in the attic, so yes, it'll empty in time.

disclaimer: I'm a computer scientist, not a plumber.

still every house is different, theres some mighty strange setups out there

Definitely - my Mother's in Blackrock, and they're on the county circuit which is separate to Ballintemple which is a city water mains circuit. Even though I can see the resevoir from my house, I'm not actually connected to it.

And it's back - mucky and brown, but back. Thank feck for that, and of course now my little rant above looks a bit silly. Doh :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Become a culchie like me and you wont have any of those problems pd...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

ah we were wondering to what the problem was. Himself was saying the water turned brown and it still looks a bit ming at the moment.

• Advertisement

Milly33 wrote: »
    ah we were wondering to what the problem was. Himself was saying the water turned brown and it still looks a bit ming at the moment.

i hope its ok again, im cooking the dinner using the water:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

:D I hope the dinner turned out ok..Ah we always use it cooking well not when tis minging but when tis ok. But I have never trusted it as drinking water never thought i would be one of those people who buy big bottles of (cheap) drinking water but the water defo in the area is horrible to drink unboiled anywho

Advertisement