Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public transport from Shannon Airport to Galway after 9 PM

Options
  • 25-10-2010 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

My freinds flight gets in at 21:00 on Friday and it seems like all the buses stop running conveniently right before 21:00. I've tried Bus Eireann and City Link and I don't know what else to do. Taxis are a last resort because they are a little too pricey. Does anyone know of any alternatives?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Far as I know the late buses only go as far as Ennis. Utter joke considering there must be plenty people wanting to get up to Galway.

I remember getting the late bus to Ennis once and I only had a €50 note - the driver didn't have any change and told me I'd have to come into the office for it the next day, which I couldn't because of other plans and besides he could easily have screwed me over (that was all my money at the time too so I needed it). Miserable git took £20 sterling off me for a €8 fare on a bus where there were only 2 people on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Funky Kingston

eek , Shannon is a pain in the bum for public transport , maybe you can get to Limerick/Ennis and spend the night there ?? It's a pricey option I know but it's the only thing I can think of :(

I'm flying out from there myself on Friday morning and am getting there with Bus Eireann as far as I know Citylink have cancelled their Galway-Shannon service

You might be able to go to Limerick and get a train maybe?

You would think that Bus Éireann would manage their Shannon buses around the flight times too, usually you end up missing a bus by like 5 mins if you have to wait for any luggage, then you have to wait another hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

LOL at the train suggestion - how would he get there if there are no buses!

OP, ludicrous though this sounds, the only suggestion I can make (apart from a BnB or a local hackney, both expensive as you say) is JJ Kavanagh bus ex Shannon at 12:30am, arrives Dublin airport at 4:30am, followed by CityLink to Galway at 5:15am, arrives, 8:15am.

Yes, this is truly a mad journey (and is even worse this way than it is getting to Shannon for an early morning flight). And it's possibly almost as expensive as a local BnB (maybe or maybe not, depending on connecting taxis). But it's the ONLY suggestion I have. :(

JustMary wrote: »
    LOL at the train suggestion - how would he get there if there are no buses!
    There are no buses to Galway. There are buses to Ennis, so I presume Limerick too. That's how.

• Advertisement
Advertisement