Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCD Ghost stories

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Maybe the area is full of realists?? Call me a cynic but amazing the amount of old hotels or tourist castles that suddenly develop a ghost in Ireland. A lack of these establishments in NCD might contribute to the lack of ghost stories, but hey surprise surprise two such venues Ardgillan and Malahide Castle have ghosts. Malahide has 5 actually with a child friendly one called Puck, expect to see it on ghost hunters soon!

Improved street lighting has also decreased the ghost tales. Walking along an unlit country lane plays more with the imagination.

This is just for a bit of fun coming up to halloween. Of course none of these stories can be scientifically proven. Like most ghost stories it was for a bit of fun. Thanks for the injection of reality corsendonk.

Next you will be telling me the easter bunny is not real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Martron wrote: »
    This is just for a bit of fun coming up to halloween. Of course none of these stories can be scientifically proven. Like most ghost stories it was for a bit of fun. Thanks for the injection of reality corsendonk.

Nope he sadly passed away, he did taste a bit too sweet do. Must be all that chocolate..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Lorri_L wrote: »
    My late grandmother used to fill me with stories of hauntings in Rush but I can hardly remembe1r them so I'm sorry if this is really vague.

When Palmer House was still standing there was a room in the house that used to flicker with a blue green light some nights. This is way back when the light bulb was hardly in use let alone flashing neon lights.

Theres a cove at the back of the harbour that someone supposedly drowned at and is meant to be haunted.

Last one I can remember (which I find hilarious) one of the houses right at the harbour pier used to be a B&B (her grandmother ran it) and one of the guests died there. This would have been late 1920's. This man is still supposed to haunt the house. My granny told me this is fact because she was made to empty the toilet one night and when she went to get the bucket, there was the dead man sitting on top of it. I'll never forget that as long as I live! I was only about 8 and was terrified of going to the toilet for weeks afterwards!

She also told me that the Protestant church was haunted but can't remember any detail.

To re-iterate, this could all be lies that were made up to terrify a poor child.

So who really s**t themselves. These stories coming from old folk are brilliant.

I have heard about Palmer House ok, and the purple room in the middle of it. And I think I remember the story about the house at the harbour. Is it just past the Harbour bar? on same side. I use to live on the corner where the pump is and I remember hearing that nearly every house on the Lr. Main St had a story to it.

Heard about the Banshee only once. A lad was going home from the scouts one night and walked up Doctors lane (opposite centra) and then accross Maggies lane to get to Hayestown. He ran home he got such a fright on the lane and when he told someone in his house they informed him his Grandmother or granfather had just died. cant remember which one but that was around 1970 -74.

I would suggest the sound of music before bed tonight if anyone here is a little nervous;)

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Nope he sadly passed away, he did taste a bit too sweet do. Must be all that chocolate..
    Martron wrote: »
    This is just for a bit of fun coming up to halloween. Thanks for the injection of reality corsendonk.

The bunny is not dead he moved to Cavan;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lorri_L

LeoB wrote: »
    So who really s**t themselves. These stories coming from old folk are brilliant.

I have heard about Palmer House ok, and the purple room in the middle of it. And I think I remember the story about the house at the harbour. Is it just past the Harbour bar? on same side. I use to live on the corner where the pump is and I remember hearing that nearly every house on the Lr. Main St had a story to it.

Heard about the Banshee only once. A lad was going home from the scouts one night and walked up Doctors lane (opposite centra) and then accross Maggies lane to get to Hayestown. He ran home he got such a fright on the lane and when he told someone in his house they informed him his Grandmother or granfather had just died. cant remember which one but that was around 1970 -74.

I would suggest the sound of music before bed tonight if anyone here is a little nervous;)

Leo, the house down the harbour is further down. Do you remember the house that used to be a little shop or something? The one next to it.

God every house on the lower main street? I'd be moving out of there sharpish if I lived there lol

• Advertisement

Leo, the house down the harbour is further down. Do you remember the house that used to be a little shop or something? The one next to it.

God every house on the lower main street? I'd be moving out of there sharpish if I lived there lol

Yes I remember that shop, only just mind you.

Did you ever hear about the house just past the Harbour bar? It had one boarded up window in the front up stairs. the middle window of 5 that went accross the upstairs. I will double check the details today but apparently there was an exercism in that house and the evil spirits left that house by that window which the the priest who performed the exorcim broke to let the evil out and it had to be boarded up as this was the only way it could come back in.

I have not heard many bad stories about spirits. Mind you its only gone 6.30am on Satuday mornng and some strange knocking got me up:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

What about the weeping statue in the old church? Remember when it was the trend to have one in the 80s/early 90s in Ireland.

Smyths of Hayestown ia apparently haunted and there was a tale that a figure could be seen leave the graveyard at a certain time everyday but no one seen them enter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lorri_L

LeoB wrote: »
    Did you ever hear about the house just past the Harbour bar? It had one boarded up window in the front up stairs. the middle window of 5 that went accross the upstairs. I will double check the details today but apparently there was an exercism in that house and the evil spirits left that house by that window which the the priest who performed the exorcim broke to let the evil out and it had to be boarded up as this was the only way it could come back in.

No I never heard that one thank god. I grew up too close to that so I'm glad I never heard it!

Corsendink, which graveyard do you mean? I've heard loads about the one at St. Catherines but not too much about whitestown.

Ah jeany mack I know who you are now after working this morning ;)

Jacks coffee house where the late Matt Sands lived has according to a good friend of mine has some strange things happen in the past. There are apparently some spooky things banging around in it. So if your coffee wobbles on the table or you see a ripple go through your tea there could be someone or something else trying to get you to move!!!

Ask your Nan when she gets home as she will have some good stories from down there as will her good friend who used to live there also.:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

great story about the exorcism!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭PaulD77

Bad timing by me only seeing this thread now, but sure may aswell share anyway.

I used to live above Stoop your head when it was an apartment. Previous lodgers had told my wife abotu strange noises and seeing 'something' in the side bedroom on a few occasions and by 2 different lodgers.

One night I came home from football training and the missus was watching Most haunted. I was going into that room as we used it to dry clothes. She asked me not to go in, because she was a bit freaked about most hanuted. I went in anyway and started mocking the way they call the spirits.

'If there is anyone in this room, please give me a sign, show yourself'

With that, I heard a sliding movement, I looked back and there was a pint glass on the bedside locker, the sound I hear dwas that of the glass crossing the locker. I got out of that room quicker than my legs could carry me!

The upstairs now is toilets & staff changing rooms so doubt the occupier is hanging around these days

PaulD77 wrote: »
    The upstairs now is toilets & staff changing rooms so doubt the occupier is hanging around these days

Ther could be a right mess left in the cubicles some night if anyone hears a strange banging sound.

Advertisement