Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo position and artists

Options
  • 25-10-2010 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭

I have wanted a tattoo for about 4 years (I have known exactly what I wanted for this time - a simple 3 heart design). I originally had planned to get it on my wrist but would worry about it being visible in my future career (I am in school still, almost 18 but plan on becoming an actuary).

I want to get it on my 18th birthday but am having second thoughts of where to get it. It is about 1.5inches wide by .75 long.

Any ideas? And also which is the best tattoo artist in the Galway/Athlone region?

5114178367_d6c7518b46_m.jpg

I just did that up in paint on the computer but basically a neater version of that is what I want! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

the wrist is quite an easy area to cover up a tattoo, if necessary, so I wouldnt worry too much about it affecting your career but you never know with some places. From what i've heard its not too sore either!

Be aware though that with wrist tattoos they will stretch and bend out of shape a lot just with natural hand movements and they wont always look perfectly in shape. If you go for it there just make sure you have a good look at it with the stencil on before you start, move your arm and wrist about and just see how it looks as some people dont realise this before they get it done and then regret it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Ciaramb92

Thanks... This will seem stupid but I take it you don't mean it will change change permanently and more just as the hand moves?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Ciaramb92 wrote: »
    Thanks... This will seem stupid but I take it you don't mean it will change change permanently and more just as the hand moves?

not permanently no haha :D It will always stay the same shape when your hand is straight, just thats not how you will always see it and it can bother some folk!

Advertisement