Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patch panel

Options
  • 25-10-2010 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

I think this is what I am looking for. In the picture is two red lines which are approx 14" each. This is a hollow boxing which runs up through the house which I plan to run cat5/6 down and plug into something to enable all devices in the house (xboxes/pc/media player etc) to be able to talk to each other. IF possible and if not to expensive I would like to have something that could be recessed into this hollow boxing which, when you take the baton's into consideration I would say there is approx 10" of free space to mount something.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭whizbang

51/4 inch drive tray?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Sorry WB but that means nothing to mean

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭claytonie

Hi Cubix

If you looking for something discrete why not try a cabinet similar to the one at the top of this page They are fairly compact and you can fit a 10" patch panel into, and still have space for a compact gigabit switch inside as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

claytonie wrote: »
    Hi Cubix

If you looking for something discrete why not try a cabinet similar to the one at the top of this page They are fairly compact and you can fit a 10" patch panel into, and still have space for a compact gigabit switch inside as well.

The company weblink shown above have a sales office in Dublin, Connectix, you could also try Temple Sales in Tallaght. Both will have 8 port 10" Mount Patch Panels in both Cat 5e and Cat 6.

Thanks lads;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

I would suspect that boxing may have a pipe in it, either a rainwater, or a soils & wastes pipes. You could probably get cabling in there, but I wouldn't presume you can recess a patch panel...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Perhaps a small 8 port hub/switch?

Thanks;)

Advertisement