Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logitech GT Wheel question

• 25-10-2010 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭

I was planning on getting one of these for GT5. Do they work well when on your lap sitting on the couch? I don't have anything to clamp it to.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

you probably could use it on your lap but it'd be sh1t. if its something your going to use a lot then a wheel stand pro is worth every cent.

http://www.wheelstandpro.com/#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Cheers, that's a very neat setup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

I got one at the weekend and no you cant use it properly on your lap. I ordered a wheel stand pro yesterday so should have it next week, ill tell you if its any good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    I got one at the weekend and no you cant use it properly on your lap. I ordered a wheel stand pro yesterday so should have it next week, ill tell you if its any good.

i have one and its much sturdier than it looks. you can leave everything attached to it and it just just folds so theres no setting up time when you want to use the wheel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Yeah, looks very well made. It's going to make Gran Turismo my most expensive game ever. €125 for the wheel stand, €100 for the wheel and €60 for the game.
    I do like driving games though, and its something the PS3 badly lacks.

• Advertisement

F1 2010 is a quality game if you play it enough to learn the tracks. Cant wait to play it with my wheel and stand.

Got the Wheel Stand Pro today and been playing F1 2010 all day. Great setup I must say. I still need to get used to it but its so much better then a controller. Recommended!!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Mope

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Got the Wheel Stand Pro today and been playing F1 2010 all day. Great setup I must say. I still need to get used to it but its so much better then a controller. Recommended!!

Which wheel you are using on that wheel stand?

Did your order arrive in 4 days? Impressive

Mope wrote: »
    Which wheel you are using on that wheel stand?

Did your order arrive in 4 days? Impressive

GT
    Yeah, ordered it on monday, they sent it out tuesday, got it yesterday. Folds away nicely aswell which is a big plus in my small bedroom:)

I found this Wheel Stand Pro very similar to Fanatec product
    price is similar too. What do you think?

• Advertisement

Mope wrote: »
    I found this Wheel Stand Pro very similar to Fanatec product
    price is similar too. What do you think?

Looks the same as the Wheel Stand Pro tbh

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I'm not paying mad money for a wheel, so I invested in this Logitech Wheel
    Logitech Wireless Wheel

It feels ok, not overly heavy on the legs, flappy paddles at the back for accelerator/brake or gears. Maybe a cheap and cheerful alternative to some of the more expensive wheels. Very customisable as you would expect from Logitech. I started taking some serious time off my laps when I began using this wheel.

I bought myself a Logitech Driving Force GT on Saturday for 99 from Argos.
    Set it up and was struggling with making it work properly on RBR and Dirt2 about 2 hours :]
    Finally all works fine and after few tries I managed to out do my own record on one stage very quick....

Advertisement