Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever sell a phone to envirophone

Options
  • 25-10-2010 5:31pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭

Recycle old phones for cash....Anyone used them yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

A friend did it stupidly! Gave them an Iphone and got 25 quid :mad: I wouldn't bother you might get more for it on Ebay.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭scully74

I've got a 1st gen iphone....screen is on the blink can they be repaired

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

There was a thread or two here where people told stories about them being slow, or replying with claims of phones being missing or damaged in the post.

Sold my N97 to moneyforyourmobile and they promptly coughed up in full.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭tooler08

They pay by check and usually in full unless your phone is in a very bad state.
    By the sounds of it a 1st gen iphone wont get much especially if its in any way broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,901 ✭✭✭patrickc

i did about 3 months ago, from the day I sent the phone until getting paid for it, it took about 7 working days to get the money. I opted to be paid direct to my bank also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Worked perfect for me two months ago. Got more than expected for an old Nokia, payment via PayPal within a few days. Was better than leaving the phone to rot in an old drawer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

You would get more money using www.adverts.ie than envirophone, I would have thought :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭PeterHughes

I used them about 9 months ago to get 85 yoyos for my 2G iphone. Quick easy and hassle free. I probably would have got more on adverts but just wanted a quick and clean transaction so I could get the 3GS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Comes up as offering me(envirofone.ie) 256 euro for my iphone 3gs, (16gb) can't see me getting that via ebay or adverts.ie?

Too good to be true, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Used it twice. No problems and money paid into paypal account.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Gucky wrote: »
    Comes up as offering me(envirofone.ie) 256 euro for my iphone 3gs, (16gb) can't see me getting that via ebay or adverts.ie?

Look on adverts, 3GS go still for a lot of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Quick

Gucky wrote: »

You would get 300 for a 3gs on adverts.ie

Sold mine for 350 about 5 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Hassle free sale of my Nokia N86 which I got approximately 140 euros for. Not bad considering that phone is about as desirable as a terminal illness.

If I had an Iphone 3gs or something sought after I would probably stick with Adverts.

Also, unless your phone is one of those "emerging market" Nokias, I would slap some insurance on the packet when you send it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭doleman2010

Take a note of the IMEI serial no of the phone before you send it off , if they claim that they lost it or never got it ,
    report the phone stolen to the networks and get it barred , may not get you your money but at least will cause a bit of hassle for these phone resellers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i've used them numerous (more than ten!) times without any problems. they tell you what it's worth beforehand and everything is clear and obvious. if they get your phone and decide it's not in good condition they'll revise their offer and contact you. you can then have the phone returned for free if you do not like this.

i would recommend them. have got about 300 euro from them to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Fonebank seem to be paying substantially less than some others.

Adverts can be hit and miss.

My favorites are the ones who offer you exactly what the phone recycling companies would give you.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

Awaiting payment from envirofone for my Nokia 6124 Classic, getting over €10 more than the quote on fonebank and money4urmobile. But I am waiting 2 weeks now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just checked Envirofone's prices, just bought an N97 (32gb), immaculate condition in box. On Envirofone it's coming up at 105euro, yet my N95 (8gb)which this is replacing comes in at 107euro!!!
    How come the N95 is so much, i know it's a solid phone but still.....

The Nokia's are my second sim (UK) phone

Also checked, MY Htc Hero is 101Euro, yet my wife's Legend is only 70??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Re-sell value else where makes the n95 so high i imagine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Do these companies really re-sell the phones tho?

I was under the impression they melted down parts of the phones for precious metals.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Venom wrote: »

Some are resold ye, mostly in foreign less well off countries

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,903 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Venom wrote: »

I was under the impression they melted down parts of the phones for precious metals.
    IIRC a phone is only worth about a fiver if melted down, if even that.

Don't forget to delete all contacts and remove sims and memory cards before sending it off

If you aren't getting much for the phone you could send it to Jack and Jill charity instead.

Advertisement