Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats the story with Richard Dunne and OGs?

• 25-10-2010 5:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭

Whats the story with Richard Dunne and OGs?

His last one there at the weekend brings him up to 8, which is apparently the most OGs ever scored in the premiership.

Thats not even counting his OGs for Ireland!

So, is it something in the way he plays as a defender, or is it purely consistent bad luck over his whole career for club and country?
    He's also got a good few goals from corners too so I think his goal difference now stands at +2 altogether for his clubs.

PS heres a link which gives facts/figures:
    http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/25102010/58/defenders-battle-own-goal-record.html

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Carragher got understandably jealous - yesterdays puts him on 7 !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,808 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Its a little bit from column A and a little bit from column b.

The resulting column is a disaster for those that have him in their fantasy football teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

He's from West Tallaght: loads of OGs there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Carragher got understandably jealous - yesterdays puts him on 7 !!

Carra has an og or two in the cups too. So that might put him above Dunne overall. :D

Mind you unlike Dunne, Carra has defo scored more against his own club than for his own club.:eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Kess73 wrote: »
    Carra has an og or two in the cups too. So that might put him above Dunne overall. :D

Mind you unlike Dunne, Carra has defo scored more against his own club than for his own club.:eek:

Sad, sad but true!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

ya carragher has alot of them, and some amount of penaltys also...dunne and carragher would be one liable center half partnership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Bursting your hole to get into a good defensive situation, Being in the right place to defend a situation and so on. Sometimes, the ball takes a nick and your simple header over the bar becomes an impossible to get out of the way of shot and goes into the net off you.
    I'd never fault a player for scoring an OG as it usually shows good positional sense. Unless it was something retarded like the one Traore scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I think this is the worst I've seen, even worse than Djimi's!

They showed it on MOTD2 when discussing the Dunne and Carra ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

8-10 wrote: »
    I think this is the worst I've seen, even worse than Djimi's!

They showed it on MOTD2 when discussing the Dunne and Carra ones.

He's playing for Dundalk now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

OG thread with no Lee Dixon? Fail!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Thats not even counting his OGs for Ireland!

He hasnt scored any OGs for Ireland has he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

He hasnt scored any OGs for Ireland has he?

Was it Dunner that deflected in the last Russian goal? Virtually an OG...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Ye thats the one I was thinking about actually. Dont think the ball was going in, then Dunner deflected it in the opposite direction Given was diving, so I figured that meets the criteria to be called an OG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

To be fair its not like either are trying to score, both are last ditch tackle merchants who are very close to the goal mouth when defending a set piece so its bound to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Afaik Carragher has scored more goal for Spurs than he has for Liverpool too :D

Advertisement