Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DVD burning software?

• 25-10-2010 5:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good program for burning AVIs and the like to dvd? or point me in the right direction as to where to download one?

Everything i've tried so far is bringing back huge virus warnings on my computer, or when the one ive used puts a big watermark right in the middle of the picture yet i need to burn a load of video off my hard drive.

any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

I used to use DVD Flick but having some audio sync issues lately. Try DVD Styler.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

cool, will do. thanks for your help :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Do you just need to make space, by moving .AVI's to DVD-R ? Or convert them into DVD's that can be watched on a regular domestic DVD player ? Many modern DVD players will play DivX/Xvid etc.

If you just need to make space .... the last time I bought an external drive (320GB for < 50 euro, delivered, 18 months ago-ish), I worked out it was cheaper to keep movies on it rather than burn CDs. This was before I had a DVDRW drive, but storage is getting cheaper and cheaper.

I wanna be able to watch them on a dvd player but all the divx ive used are terribly slow and have the watermark in the middle. its a wreck the head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

You might consider the option of the 'media-player' type of enclosure for an external HDD. Connects directly to TV.

• Advertisement

Found a cool fast program called ashampoo on download.com. thanks for the help lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

You could also get a dvd player that plays divx and xvid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Nikkigreen

Many of the standard features that you would expect to find in DVD burning software, will allow you create a backup copy of all varieties types of files including data files, digital photos, camcorder videos, and copies of physical discs like DVD movies, Audio CD's, and more. 1click have all these feautures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Advertisement