Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What time do you get up?

• 25-10-2010 6:37pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

A new scientific survey (according to 98fm) says that Dubliners are lazy and dont get up until 10 am. Personally, I think 10 am is an early start!

Obviously we're talking about days when one isn't in work.

What time do you get up? 227 votes

6 am or before
    0% 0 votes
    7 am
    16% 38 votes
    8 am
    33% 77 votes
    9 am
    25% 57 votes
    10 am
    12% 29 votes
    11 am or after
    11% 26 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

4:30am Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun. 5:30am Tues, Thurs, Sat. I exercise and run for a good part of the morning so get up to get it done. I feel down if I end up sleeping in any later than 6 which happens every once in a while.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Ruu wrote: »
    4:30am Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun. 5:30am Tues, Thurs, Sat. I exercise and run for a good part of the morning so get up to get it done. I feel down if I end up sleeping in any later than 6 which happens every once in a while.

You're a sicko.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

When I have work or college usually 6:30/7:00am. When I have nothing to do it's around 10:00/11:00am and if I was out the night before 12:00/1:00 depending on the hangover :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I get up at 8 most days. Earliest court is 10am, but usually I'm not in until 10:30 or 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Ruu wrote: »

what time are you in bed at the night before? 4:30am is fair early! id love to be able to get up early and go for a run before work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Didnt get up until 1pm today...savage lie in and badly needed!

Pocketfizz wrote: »
    When I have work or college usually 6:30/7:00am. When I have nothing to do it's around 10:00/11:00am and if I was out the night before 12:00/1:00 depending on the hangover :D

This ^ sounds like the perfect routine to me! Who gets up at 6 am when not in work?!?!? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

when working 5:45 or 6:45 otherwise 10 or 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

i think a better question is 'when do we go to sleep?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Every day i awake and get up around 7ish, cant do the lying in bed part, wish i could, habit i suppose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

7am for school 6 30 if a shower is required.

About 4pm on weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

usually about 10am,

if i have stuff to do i wake up about 8.00am...

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

realies wrote: »
    Every day i awake and get up around 7ish, cant do the lying in bed part, wish i could, habit i suppose

wierdo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 drunknmunky_21

Mon to Friday 6am to run before college. Then Saturday 7 and Sunday sleep-in until about 12. Get to bed at 12/1 usually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

realies wrote: »

I'll swap with ya, when I stay in bed too long I feel hungover even if I wasn't drinking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

6am Mon and tues. 7.15 wednes, thurs, fri and weekends depends on drinking/partying or who's playing in the baseball or ice hockey on ESPN America

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

OisinT wrote: »
    I get up at 8 most days. Earliest court is 10am, but usually I'm not in until 10:30 or 11.

I get up at 6am every morning as I work for myself. Any wonder the country is in such a state with these solicitors and barristers being paid hundreds of thousands of euro to lounge about half the day..:mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Oops, I answered the poll without reading your post. 7am is my work day start.

Usually around 11am on weekends.

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I get up at 6am every morning as I work for myself. Any wonder the country is in such a state with these solicitors and barristers being paid hundreds of thousands of euro to lounge about half the day..:mad::mad:
    I blame the Judges and Civil Servants tbh.

I blame the Judges and Civil Servants tbh.

Blame Bertie or Cowen.

....Everyone else does

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

I get up at 5.45am to be in work before everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I work nights up till 7am and usually wake up around the 2PM mark..

When I'm not on nights for a while I'm usually up around the 8am or 9am mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Between half six / seven normally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Kids 6.15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

7AM Monday-Friday
    11AM-1PM Saturday & Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

As soon as I hear yore ma dropping her first morning fart beside me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I answered poll before I read post. Weekdays alarm goes off at 7am, usually get up around 7.15. Weekends usually around 11am unless I've something to do that needs me to get up earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

between 11 and 12.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I do everything at dinner-time, including getting up for my breakfast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Athlone_Bhoy

About 14:00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

7 on weekdays. Not a chance I'm getting up before 11 on a weekend though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Depends obviously. For work - up at 6.30

Any other time, around 9.30 to 10. Its funny, if I went to bed at 11 the night before or at 4am, id still be up at 10 at the latest the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Kids 6.15

Just do the time, dude :pac:

I'm honsetly shocked and surprised by the results of the poll so far. A fair few early morning active people!

Really would have thought the people of Boards/AH just sat in bed all day hitting F5 :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

sonic85 wrote: »
    what time are you in bed at the night before? 4:30am is fair early! id love to be able to get up early and go for a run before work

around 10-10:30pm. bloody hate staying in bed and feel very refreshed even if I don't have "the required" 8 hours or whatever it is these days. work days don't make any difference, still up at the same time so it is just routine at this stage. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Abigayle wrote: »
    Just do the time, dude :pac:

Nahh... I prefere to think payback at 16 is sweet... Although i am told that instead of being up early i wont be able to sleep with worry then,

Work is fairly flexible so usually get up sometime between 8:30 and 9, with the aim of being in sometime between 9:30 and 10. If I'm home for the weekend I would go back on a Monday morning so up a 6:30 and it's hell. Weekends could be anytime between 10 am and 2pm or even later an odd time.

I can't understand how people get up at 5 am or other unheard of hours to go running and stuff when they don't have to. It's a massive struggle for me getting up at 8:30 on a regular basis, keeping my eyes open is work never mind going running or the gym.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

get up until 10 am.

:eek: I try not to get up before 1.30 in the afternoon.

I can't understand how people get up at 5 am or other unheard of hours to go running and stuff when they don't have to. It's a massive struggle for me getting up at 8:30 on a regular basis, keeping my eyes open is work never mind going running or the gym.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Damn crims, robbing our sleep. :mad:

I am a late morning person and can never get out of bed unless the building collapsed on top of me. What I really hate is meeting deadlines to arrive for work at, whats the bloody purpose of that when it has zero affect on my quality of work?:mad::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I haev the alarm set to 5:45am

Out of the house by 6:50 and get to work at 7:30. I leave around 3:30 or 4pm

We have flexible time so it doesnt matter what time i get there as long as I get my work done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I'd call 98fm lazy journalists but I don't think they qualify as journalists, so lazy people on the radio talking nonsense.

What was that thing they replaced the DJ's with in the simpsons?
    Time for one of those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Completely depends on my working hours! Some days I'm up at 5am for work and other days I work until about 4am...so then I'm not up until about 12 the next day.

This summer it was nearly always between 6 and 6.30am. Now that I do mainly bar shifts it's about 11-12. When I'm in college it's usually a half an hour before the first class in the morning..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I'm honsetly shocked and surprised by the results of the poll so far. A fair few early morning active people!

Really would have thought the people of Boards/AH just sat in bed all day hitting F5 :p

I reckon a lot of people voted before they read the post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Completely depends on my working hours! Some days I'm up at 5am for work and other days I work until about 4am...so then I'm not up until about 12 the next day.

This summer it was nearly always between 6 and 6.30am. Now that I do mainly bar shifts it's about 11-12. When I'm in college it's usually a half an hour before the first class in the morning..

Oh, which bar would that be? :D

I never hit F5.

I prefer Ctrl+R :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I never hit F5.

I prefer Ctrl+R :D

What button do you press to say another big fat tribunal for me and my buddies...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

If I'm not working, it'll be about 12 or 1.

Thats the days I can manage to get out of bed at all

-Corkie- wrote: »
    What button do you press to say another big fat tribunal for me and my buddies...:rolleyes:
    CTRL+SHIFT+4.

Jealous much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

10am if I have work, 7-8am if I have a meeting or something to do early in the day.
    If I´m not working anywhere between 10am and not getting out of bed at all until the next day :V

• Advertisement
Advertisement