Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What time do you get up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Nahh... I prefere to think payback at 16 is sweet... Although i am told that instead of being up early i wont be able to sleep with worry then,

I can confirm that, as a once 16 year old daughter. I can also confirm that I've been more trouble in my thirties, hope you aren't that bothered about having hair =P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 RedDevil1878

7.15 mon - fri
    Could be anytime on the weekends haha :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

8:30 Tuesday-Friday. Any time between 10 and 4 Saturday to Monday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I have a sneaky suspicion people voted before reading the post :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

During the week I get up at 8.15am to get the 8.40am bus to work. This gets me in at 9 on the dot. I have it timed down to a fine art. Most people start work at 8.30am at the latest here so I'm always last in but it suits me better to work late in the evening and leave at about 6. Lots of people start work at 7am which I think is crazy. I would be the biggest bitch known to mankind if I had to start work then.

At the weekend 10.30am is the earliest I'd wake up. I tend to stay in bed for another few hours too. I love my sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭ValJester

Tuesday-Friday: 8am
    Saturday-Monday: 1pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

9.30, 10 at the latest. Sleeping in just makes me tired. I'd fare far better after six hours' sleep than I would after 10 hours' sleep. There's a reason for this - oversleeping causes the brain to overwork or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

It depends. If I'm in college, it changes everyday. If I'm left to my own devices, my natural bodyclock seems to want to get my eight hours between 3am and 11am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

I get up at 7.38am for work...your poll is too restrictive!! and 11ish at the weekends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

7 o'clock on school days, 9am-10am on weekends. I hate sleeping until midday, its depressing.

I voted before I saw the "Obviously we're talking about days when one isn't in work." line :rolleyes:
    On weekends, around 8-9. Weekdays, around 6-630

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Maybe a mod could change the poll question to say "what time do you get up when not in work"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

5 am on Tue and Wed. 7 am the rest, excluding Sun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

depends if im working or not, if im working bout 7-8am depends if i have to get the bus or not and what time i start at. when im not working could be any time from 11am onwards, depends how late i was up the night before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

depends on where i am. if i'm in college, before 9am most mornings. if i'm at home home, after 12pm most mornings :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I voted before I saw the post. I thought it was on weekdays.
    So it would be about 11:30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Yeah, I definitely don't get up early on weekends. That's mainly because I drink my leg off on weekends.

8 at weekdays and 10/11 at weekends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Depends on when I get to bed. For example, if I goto bed at 6am after a night of poker and Wii bowling, I won't wake till about 2pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

the_syco wrote: »
    Depends on when I get to bed. For example, if I goto bed at 6am after a night of hookers and coke, I won't wake till about 2pm.
    FYP but don't worry, your secret is safe with me;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

7am Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays for 9:15 college starts :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Up until last week 8ish.

This week + ???
    Not profit :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Bout 3-5 pm :D..Dont go sleep till about 5-6am :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Soby wrote: »

Night owls unite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

Soby wrote: »
    Night owls unite.

Yep me too. Usually go to sleep around 5 or 6 am but there have been a few times when it's been 9 am...
    I have my window blacked out specifically because of it! Also there's nothing worse than trying to sleep with sunrise and birds chirping :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Cocolola wrote: »
    Also there's nothing worse than trying to sleep with sunrise and birds chirping :)

When the birds start to chirp that when i feel sleepy:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

I teach and school starts at 7 a.m. On the go all day and walk out the door at 3.30.

I teach and school starts at 7 a.m. On the go all day and walk out the door at 3.30.
    Sounds like you need a new job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Get up at 8.30, shower etc and into work for 9!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Usually between 7 and 730 Monday to Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Who gets up at 6 am when not in work?!?!? :eek:
    Anyone with kids!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Osgoodisgood

Teutorix wrote: »
    7am for school 6 30 if a shower is required.

If? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Blame Bertie or Cowen.

....Everyone else does

You forgot Bono the bastard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 boobatter

I do not go to work time after is 11 o'clock, goes to work time must 7 spots get out of bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Captain Commie

Monday through friday i get up at 6:30 or so depending on how i feel, at weekends i normally get up around 10 unless have something planned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Greyfox

For me having to get up befor 7:00am would be the worst form of torture I can think of, hopefully I'll never have to do this!

On a workday my alarm goes off for the 5th time at 9:00am, 9:20 bus and start work at 10am. I sometimes try to get up early on the weekend (that's 11:30 to me) but usually it's about 1:00 or 2:30 with a hangover.

bubbaloo wrote: »
    Anyone with kids!!! :rolleyes:
    ew, why subject yourself to that kind of degrading torture?

I have white furniture, a clean car and free time. Kids cramp the shít out of your style and are effectively pointless creatures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Mon - Fri : 7am.

In work for an 8 o clcok start.

Sat-Sun : 11-12am depends on how heavy, if any session has occured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Monday to Friday the clock goes off around 8:00 and I hit the snooze button until about 9:00, then go to work.

Saturday I get up at 8:00am.....but that's just to have a massive piss and I go back to the cot and usually surface in time for football focus. Sunday is the same and I usually get up in time to get to the pub for a bloody mary and the afternoon match. The girlfriend catches up with me later.:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I have my daily routine down to the minute, makes me feel like an efficient German :D

8:00am - Alarm goes off

"Muurrrrrrr, 26 minutes till I get up"

8:15am - Alarm goes off

"Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrr!!"

8:26am - Alarm goes off

Hop outta bed, pull on clothes and do normal toilet routines.

8:30am - Make lunch while eating breakfast

8:36am - Leave house and walk to work

8:54am - Walk through front door of the office, sign in and make a nice big fùck off cup of coffee!

9:00am - Sit down at my desk

9:01am - Check Boards :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I get up at 6am every morning as I work for myself. Any wonder the country is in such a state with these solicitors and barristers being paid hundreds of thousands of euro to lounge about half the day..:mad::mad:

Didn't realise Bill Cullen was on boards :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

I aim for 11a.m or after on my days off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Work is fairly flexible so usually get up sometime between 8:30 and 9, with the aim of being in sometime between 9:30 and 10. If I'm home for the weekend I would go back on a Monday morning so up a 6:30 and it's hell. Weekends could be anytime between 10 am and 2pm or even later an odd time.

I can't understand how people get up at 5 am or other unheard of hours to go running and stuff when they don't have to. It's a massive struggle for me getting up at 8:30 on a regular basis, keeping my eyes open is work never mind going running or the gym.

You may be lethargic from not exercising enough.

You may find that a bit of exercise will give a better nights sleep, better sleeping routuine and more energy throughout the day.

OisinT wrote: »
    ew, why subject yourself to that kind of degrading torture?

I have white furniture, a clean car and free time. Kids cramp the shít out of your style and are effectively pointless creatures.

May you be blessed with a football team of kids - all to yourself! :p

bubbaloo wrote: »
    May you be blessed with a football team of kids - all to yourself! :p
    How dare you curse me like that! :(

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

I get up in time to watch Jeremy Kyle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

10am at its earliest, usually not till after 11am or 12pm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Today I got up at half six. Changes every day really, depending on what I'm doing. If I don't have to be up though, I tend to wake up around ten-ish but might stay in bed for longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Sunday 11; Monday 9; Tuesday 11; Wednesday 12; Thursday 9; Friday & Saturday, anywhere between 11am and 4pm

OisinT wrote: »
    How dare you curse me like that! :(

:D

Ha ha ha ha ha (to be done in deep husky witch-like laugh!!!) :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement