Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foo Fighters Announce 2 UK Shows For 2011

Options
  • 25-10-2010 6:57pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Foo Fighters have confirmed details of two huge shows set to take place next summer. Dave Grohl and his band will perform at the National Bowl in Milton Keynes on the 2nd and 3rd of July.

Some huge names have been confirmed as The Foo Fighters support acts for the events, full details are as follows:

July 2nd: Biffy Clyro, Death Cab For Cutie
    July 3rd: Biffy Clyro, Jimmy Eat World

Foo Fighters tickets are set to go on sale soon.

http://www.last.fm/event/1721622+Foo+Fighters+at+The+National+Bowl+on+3+July+2011

Would def love to go on the 3rd , wonder will we get a similar show or will they just do Oxegen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Foo Fighters have confirmed details of two huge shows set to take place next summer. Dave Grohl and his band will perform at the National Bowl in Milton Keynes on the 2nd and 3rd of July.

Some huge names have been confirmed as The Foo Fighters support acts for the events, full details are as follows:

July 2nd: Biffy Clyro, Death Cab For Cutie
    July 3rd: Biffy Clyro, Jimmy Eat World

Foo Fighters tickets are set to go on sale soon.

http://www.last.fm/event/1721622+Foo+Fighters+at+The+National+Bowl+on+3+July+2011

Would def love to go on the 3rd , wonder will we get a similar show or will they just do Oxegen

Great news, maybe we'll get a gig here

As for the huge names as support, when are they gonna be announced?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

scudzilla wrote: »
    Great news, maybe we'll get a gig here

I think Biffy/JEW/DCFAC are the huge support acts could be wrong.

Would love to head over but if we get a gig we will would prob get Biffy aswell but doubt Jimmy or Death Cab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I think headlining Oxegen is much more likely than an outdoors show here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Foo Fighters for Slane anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Oxegen headliners methinks.

Those shows look class though. really good suited support for an FF show. Least we know what bands will be touring anyway.

• Advertisement

seachto7 wrote: »

As much as i would love it , not sure they could sell out Slane although they would be unreal and will always steal the show imo. Although if they are given a big support act bill like slane 2009 (Prodigy/Kasabian/Glasvegas)

FooFighters_MiltonKeynes.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

That'll be a helluva gig!

I'd love to see all 4 acts.. seen FF and DCFC already, but JEW and Biffy have been must-sees for me for a while now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

basquille wrote: »
    That'll be a helluva gig!

I'd love to see all 4 acts.. seen FF and DCFC already, but JEW and Biffy have been must-sees for me for a while now.

Jimmy Eat World are playing in Dublin & Belfast in a few weeks time man!

Archimedes wrote: »
    Jimmy Eat World are playing in Dublin & Belfast in a few weeks time man!
    Am out of the country for that unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Tame Impala would be worth seeing!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

From what i've been reading around the net this is going to be the only shows that the foo's will do next year!! Dont think they'll headline oxegen because they're not exactly touring!!

There isnt a chance in hell im missing this concert!! Biffy as a support act should be good, not really mad about the rest of the bands but it shud be a feckin awesome show!!

I'm seriously considering the 2nd July..

I'm seriously considering the 2nd July..

Im thinking the 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Kettle316 wrote: »
    From what i've been reading around the net this is going to be the only shows that the foo's will do next year!! Dont think they'll headline oxegen because they're not exactly touring!!
    They're just finishing their next album. I'd be surprised if they don't follow up an album release in Spring next year with a tour in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

seachto7 wrote: »

Kings of Leon are headlining Slane, will be confirmed in the next few weeks...

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2010/10/19/kings-of-leon-for-slane-2011/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

I can see the FFs headlining the Download Festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2010/10/19/kings-of-leon-for-slane-2011/
    If they manage to sell out Slane this entire country deserves a slap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Surely Foo fighters will headline the Thursday or Friday at Rock Werchter so. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

When will tickets for this go on sale? Nothing on ticketmaster...

• Advertisement

November 5th.. says it on the bottom of the poster above.

No details on tickets price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

post_thanks.gif .... a sad, sad day indeed.

Agreed .

Yea could also see Foo's doing Rock Am Ring aswell if they are around for Download.

If i can get a few people to go for the JEW date i will be in heaven ha , although goin to see JEW on Nov

November 5th.. says it on the bottom of the poster above.

No details on tickets price though.

Can't believe I missed that lol. Definitely heading over for the second night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Surely Foo fighters will headline the Thursday or Friday at Rock Werchter so. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

I'd be very suprised if they aren't one of the Oxegen Headliners (if they are doing a date in the UK 3 or 4 days before it).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I'd guess that this will be with another big band (artic monkeys/arcade fire) and maybe a couple of Irish band ( two door cinema club?).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

emc2 wrote: »
    I'd guess that this will be with another big band (artic monkeys/arcade fire) and maybe a couple of Irish band ( two door cinema club?).

Thats a very educated guess there emc, have you got some insider information ??

Pauleta wrote: »
    I can see the FFs headlining the Download Festival.

I don't think he would book a band playing two stadium shows, but at download this year taylor hawkins was playing in the 4th tent and after the gig he said, we'll see you next year. Maybe they cancelled though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

scudzilla wrote: »

Biffy and JEW not big enough for you? :confused:

• Advertisement

Biffy and JEW not big enough for you? :confused:

Biffy Clyro are now playing Arenas in England. Not many small bands play arenas. :rolleyes:

Advertisement