Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foo Fighters Announce 2 UK Shows For 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Biffy Clyro are now playing Arenas in England. Not many small bands play arenas. :rolleyes:

I do love Biffy Cylro.

I reckon they could probably play the 02 next time they come back, they're after getting fairly big.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I do love Biffy Cylro.

I reckon they could probably play the 02 next time they come back, they're after getting fairly big.

It depends how big there next album is really. Even if the album is really good they'll still only sell five thousand tickets in the 02? so long as there priced at like 35 euro aswell.

There's a good chance the next time there gonna be here is opening for Kings of Leon in Slane.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Although the news is yet to be confirmed officially, Foo Fighters are rumoured to be headlining next year's T In The Park festival. An apparently "well placed source" let slip that the Balado, Kinross festival could feature in Dave Grohl and co's touring schedule, while also providing a handy reminder of who the band actually are - in case anyone had forgotten. "The Foos, as they are affectionately known, are massive," the source cannily explained, adding that "Dave and the lads" have enjoyed playing the Scottish festival in previous years. The source also revealed that Biffy Clyro could also headline the festival but, again, this is yet to be confirmed by organisers (Daily Record).

http://www.nme.com/news/daily-gossip/53590

That means they will def do Oxegen then although would rather see that at there own gig so will really try and get to the MK gig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Please dont headline Oxegen Foos, after this years shambles I said I would not go to Oxegen again. I hope Foos play Marley Park this year, and that the support is as good as the Milton Keynes support. I would love to do both nights over there but my bank balance is preventing me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Please dont headline Oxegen Foos, after this years shambles I said I would not go to Oxegen again. I hope Foos play Marley Park this year, and that the support is as good as the Milton Keynes support. I would love to do both nights over there but my bank balance is preventing me

T'would be a feckin' deadly concert if they did it, but I highly doubt they'll do it. If they come over, it'll be for Oxegen, I'd imagine. We can always hope, though. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Has anyone found out how much tickets are are going to be?? Haven't been able to find out anywhere on the web!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Kettle316 wrote: »
    Has anyone found out how much tickets are are going to be?? Haven't been able to find out anywhere on the web!!
    £49.50 (+ booking fee)

Damn reasonable to be honest for a top headliner and excellent support!

Actually.. got that wrong, they're £46.50!

See here: http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/others2011/foofighters_mk/

basquille wrote: »
    £49.50 (+ booking fee)

Damn reasonable to be honest for a top headliner and excellent support!

That's ridiculously cheap!! I'm delighted with that!! Are ticketmaster selling tickets for it?? Couldn't find anything when i looked on the site!!

Kettle316 wrote: »
    That's ridiculously cheap!! I'm delighted with that!! Are ticketmaster selling tickets for it?? Couldn't find anything when i looked on the site!!
    Girlfriend noticed an ad on TV earlier saying that O2 were selling priority tickets to it this week..

.. they'll probably be on general sale on Ticketmaster from Friday.

Oh, and see the last post on the previous page.. I made a mistake - they're actually £46.50! ;)

• Advertisement

I think my sister in Glasgow is on O2 so might try and see if she can get me a code.

As said £46 for 3 quality bands each night. Like when Foo's and NIN played Marley it was €64

• Registered Users Posts: 7,597 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I think my sister in Glasgow is on O2 so might try and see if she can get me a code.

As said £46 for 3 quality bands each night. Like when Foo's and NIN played Marley it was €64

Cool ad :D

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Signed up to the priority site there now. Knew I should hold onto my o2 sim card from living in Belfast. Cannot wait, and for £46 - bloody hell you'd pay nearly twice that over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Depending on finances and how fast tickets sell out, I would love to see this gig for Death Cab for Cutie and Jimmy Eat World, obviously those two bands playing on alternative days means a choice would have to be made....or would it?

Depending on the price of the tickets as well I'd be tempted to go for both dates and make a four day weekend out of it, although due to my massive hatred of Nirvana, I've sort of always avoided Foo Fighters. I hear they are amazing, and I like some of their material, but I suppose I've been rather close minded on this issue....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dodgeronfire

Super excited about this! It's gonna be awesome! :D:D

Anybody know the best airport to fly in to?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Skeptical about buying tickets for this and then finding out that they're going to play Marlay again in August....anyone reckon it's likely?

Super excited about this! It's gonna be awesome! :D:D

Anybody know the best airport to fly in to?? :)

Luton airport is the closest to fly in to!!

According to Google maps its about a half an hour in a taxi to get to Milton Keynes!!

seamus wrote: »
    Skeptical about buying tickets for this and then finding out that they're going to play Marlay again in August....anyone reckon it's likely?

Yea but if they do play Marley tickets will prob be €70

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just got a presale email through for the MK shows

Check this out

Exclusive VIP Tickets Available at General Onsale
    Treat yourself to the 12 Hour VIP Rock n Roll experience by purchasing exclusive VIP tickets to see Foo Fighters at Milton Keynes

The package priced at £195 per person (inc vat) is inclusive of your concert ticket and allows the holder access into the private hospitality area with full bar and fantastic catering facilities, plus luxury toilets. The package includes six drink vouchers and two food vouchers, and you will of course be able to buy additional food and drink on site. VIP ticket buyers will also receive a fabulous limited edition Foo Fighters event T-shirt. The VIP area will have rocking DJs spinning throughout the show, and will host an exclusive afterparty till 2am to round off the day.

You can upgrade further to a 24 hour Package as we have rooms in a hotel a mere stones throw from backstage for just £100 per person per night.

That pisses me off a bit as people are paying 50quid for a ticket, they should ALL HAVE A FULL BAR, FANTASTIC CATERING AND DECENT TOILETS

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Heard that FF could be playing in Slane too for the 30th anniversary - KOL and FF, now that would be awesome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Mc Love wrote: »
    Heard that FF could be playing in Slane too for the 30th anniversary - KOL and FF, now that would be awesome

Awesome, would def go if Fear Factory were on the bill ;)

Me too scudzilla!

Mc Love wrote: »

Would hate that tbh imo. Foo Fighters should not have to support them. Personally Oxegen seems like it

Oh actually since i have a Ticketmaster account on ticketmaster.ie , when i order the tickets on friday will they still post them to Ireland (i no they might ask for extra)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Would hate that tbh imo. Foo Fighters should not have to support them. Personally Oxegen seems like it

Oh actually since i have a Ticketmaster account on ticketmaster.ie , when i order the tickets on friday will they still post them to Ireland (i no they might ask for extra)

AFAIK just make sure you choose the option under 'Customers in the republic of Ireland'. Ticketmaster have always sent me tickets for English gigs to here.

Can you use a laser to buy the tickets even though its from the uk site??

Oxegen it is - but they are making an album for '11 so feasible enough

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

scudzilla wrote: »
    Awesome, would def go if Fear Factory were on the bill ;)

That's the first thing I taught of when I saw FF....OMG Fear Factory in Slane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Tickets booked :D

Was queuing online for over an hour, bloody madness. If twitter was anything to go by (and it was only the presale!) these well sell out in no time. The O2 Priority twitter is saying they can't guarantee there'll be any left on Friday.

Archimedes wrote: »
    The O2 Priority twitter is saying they can't guarantee there'll be any left on Friday.
    I find that hard to believe as the O2 Priority only get a certain number of tickets AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Archimedes wrote: »
    Was queuing online for over an hour, bloody madness. If twitter was anything to go by (and it was only the presale!) these well sell out in no time. The O2 Priority twitter is saying they can't guarantee there'll be any left on Friday.
    O2 Priority only get a fixed number of tickets, it's not possible to sell out the whole venue through the early bookings :)

Advertisement