Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foo Fighters Announce 2 UK Shows For 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Ah, clever panic inducing marketing in that case. ;)

Either that, or they just meant their own ticket supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Both days pre-sale tickets are gone:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Mushy wrote: »
    Both days pre-sale tickets are gone:eek:

I guess I won't be attending so, because I won't have the money for this by Friday

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea my sister was trying to get me tickets online this morning with her O2 priority code but since she was in work she couldnt wait for ages in the que.

Yea there is no way they could sell all tickets threw the Priority since that wouldnt be fair on everyone else.

All i can do is hope on friday morning it goes well

Think i might be ok , the presale link i got from Foo Fighters.com seems to be working . Any used theres ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭La frog fairy

I wouldnt worry, this sounds perfect timing and smells headline
    at oxegen '11 !

it would be perfect, they are an awesome band live :p

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm skeptical about Oxegen. Oxegen is for children. Foo Fighters appeal primarily to 25-35's (those who were teenagers in the Nirvana/Foo heydey).

seamus wrote: »
    I'm skeptical about Oxegen. Oxegen is for children. Foo Fighters appeal primarily to 25-35's (those who were teenagers in the Nirvana/Foo heydey).

Yea thats why i hope they either skip here or maybe play a warm up gig in the olympia :) before Milton Keynes (i can dream) .

The target market of Oxegen has changed since the Foo's played in 05

Could see them maybe doing a few festivals in Late June/Early July then prob back to America/Canada and then back early 2012 for a european tour and then maybe come back for Reading/Leeds 2010

Different strokes for different folks i guess, age has nothing to do with music, so what if Oxegen is younger, as long as awesome bands are playing i will go and if that means rolling my wheelchair when im 70 in the mudd to see my bands i will go:D

Janes addiction and NIN are not from yesterday either and sure enough played last year, was great btw ..;)

Different strokes for different folks i guess, age has nothing to do with music
    Janes addiction and NIN are not from yesterday either and sure enough played last year, was great btw ..;)
    True enough. It's not about the music as much as the atmosphere though.

I would far rather than spend €500 on flights, hotels and tickets to see the Foos in MK than €100 and have to queue fifty miles to trapse into a muddy field surrounded by hammered college students and burning tents.

Must be my age :)

Dunno why I didn't go in 2005. Just saw that line-up. :(

• Advertisement

then back early 2012 for a european tour and then maybe come back for Reading/Leeds 2010

Slight correction needed there, but I know what you mean;)

Having said that, if there was one musician I'd suspect of inventing Time Travel, it would be Dave Ghrol

And in that situation his priorities might lie elsewhere in April 1994

Dunno why I didn't go in 2005. Just saw that line-up. :(

Janes addiction and NIN was 2008 and I must say no teenagers around as thankfully The killers, which i couldnt care less for, were playing another stage and so they were all there.:p

Sometimes festivals actually work in your favour for the older bands;)

Slight correction needed there, but I know what you mean;)

Having said that, if there was one musician I'd suspect of inventing Time Travel, it would be Dave Ghrol

And in that situation his priorities might lie elsewhere in April 1994

Ha cheers Motley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Please dont headline Oxegen Foos, after this years shambles I said I would not go to Oxegen again. I hope Foos play Marley Park this year, and that the support is as good as the Milton Keynes support. I would love to do both nights over there but my bank balance is preventing me

What was shambolic at Oxegen this year? I thought it was excellently organised and the line up was massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Is this sold out already?? Have been trying ticketmaster since 9 and i cant get a ticket??

I'm hungover and I forgot to go online. D'oh.

Looks like they're all gone, even the super expensive ones.

I didnt need to get up and get them :) My sister got them on the O2 priority tickets for me for X Mas (but shhhhhhhhhhhhh im not supposed to no)

:D:D:D:D:D

I didnt need to get up and get them :) My sister got them on the O2 priority tickets for me for X Mas (but shhhhhhhhhhhhh im not supposed to no)

:D:D:D:D:D

Won't you be so pissed if you get a sweater instead on Christmas morning lol:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

What was shambolic at Oxegen this year? I thought it was excellently organised and the line up was massive.

The weather was absolutely **** for a start.

Won't you be so pissed if you get a sweater instead on Christmas morning lol:D

You have no idea. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    The weather was absolutely **** for a start.

Oh yeah. Yeah it really was.

Them Crooked Vultures bassist John Paul Jones has hinted he will make a guest appearance at Foo Fighters' Milton Keynes gigs next year.

The July gigs sees Them Crooked Vultures' drummer 's returning to his main band, as Foo Fighters gear up to release a new album next year.

"I might gatecrash one of their gigs I think… If he asks!" Jones told BBC 6 Music of his plans for a guest spot, before adding that Foo Fighters' return does not spell the end for Them Crooked Vultures.

The bassist indicated that the supergroup, led by Josh Homme, were already planning an album.

"Some stuff we've worked on, but we're gonna write pretty quickly and just put it down," he said. "We may be a year or so."

He added that the album "will mainly be excess material from the first album".

Meanwhile, Jones is due to play bass at London's Royal Opera House for an opera entitled Anna Nicole.

http://www.nme.com/news/them-crooked-vultures/53803

Anyone else get an e-mail apologising for the delay in sending out the tickets? Thought it was quite strange myself, I wasn't even expecting to get them this side of easter!

Anyone no anywhere to stay near Milton Keynes? Most places are booked up bar a campsite thing near it but its £47 a night

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Get a hotel in London, will probably be cheaper as digs close to the Bowl will be marked up in price.

Be plenty of coaches going to/from London

I found National Expres going from London to MK but costs £85 return . Gonna try find very cheap accom now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I found National Expres going from London to MK but costs £85 return . Gonna try find very cheap accom now :(

£32 return here ;)

http://www.seetickets.com/Event/FOO-FIGHTERS-COACH-TRAVEL-ONLY/Milton-Keynes-Bowl/512863

scudzilla wrote: »

A Scudz you are a hero .

BTW anyone heading over to the gig on boards?

A Scudz you are a hero .

BTW anyone heading over to the gig on boards?

I heading over. We were planning on flying over at 8/9 in the morning, and heading home around 6 the following morning. Taxi to and from Luton airport, get a couple of hours sleep at the airport before flight home. Is that doable?

• Advertisement

Think we are gonna head over on Saturday afternoon/evening and either stay in a campsite beside MK Bowl or stay in London and get the bus down on the Sunday then head home on Monday sometime

Advertisement