Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handwritten or typing for history project?

• 25-10-2010 7:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm repeating my leaving cert after 7yrs!! :o (i have to)

Just want to know do i handwrite or type the history project?

I'm doing the battle of Britain.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Hi guys,

I'm repeating my leaving cert after 7yrs!! :o (i have to)

Just want to know do i handwrite or type the history project?

I'm doing the battle of Britain.

Cheers.
    Hand-write. Unless you've a disability of some sort!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭houndsoflove

Damn :eek:

Thanks alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Ciaramb92

I would recommend typing all your drafts out though because it saves time when it comes to editing. The final, real one has to be written in to the booklet thing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

The secondary education system in this country really needs to catch up. They have everything typed in colleges and other countries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

If you're not doing it with some kind of school ring the department and ask. I know you're allowed to do the JC Home Ec childcare projects on a computer, so history project could be the same.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

I I know you're allowed to do the JC Home Ec childcare projects on a computer, so history project could be the same.

The Home Ec project doesn't have a set workbook that you have to fill in. History does. OP, you'll have to handwrite, unless you have an exemption of some kind.

As said it's a good idea to type your drafts, to let you know the word count and change it easily.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

From correcting project work at Junior Cert., anecdotally, it seems hand written scores more than typed. Whether typed has whispers of cut and paste about it and subconsciously markers have that in mind, I don't know, but if you give two teachers two projects, one typed and one hand written, the hand written will generally score more.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

spurious wrote: »
    From correcting project work at Junior Cert., anecdotally, it seems hand written scores more than typed. Whether typed has whispers of cut and paste about it and subconsciously markers have that in mind, I don't know, but if you give two teachers two projects, one typed and one hand written, the hand written will generally score more.

That's a very sweeping claim to make is it not spurious? And one that doesn't say much for the examiners actually correcting it either.

A bucket of tar with one brush comes to mind.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

dambarude wrote: »
    That's a very sweeping claim to make is it not spurious? And one that doesn't say much for the examiners actually correcting it either.

A bucket of tar with one brush comes to mind.

I can only say what I've seen happen. I tend to deal with correctors who examine 'daoine faoi bhac' so maybe it's a phenomenon more found when correcting in the lower ability range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

dambarude wrote: »
    The Home Ec project doesn't have a set workbook that you have to fill in. History does. OP, you'll have to handwrite, unless you have an exemption of some kind.

As said it's a good idea to type your drafts, to let you know the word count and change it easily.

Sorry didn't realize it had a workbook! :P Is it more like the JC experiment (not the mandatory book, the little green one you get for the 2 special experiments) then? In that case hand write definitely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭houndsoflove

Thanks for the replies guys.

I can't remember doing a project for leaving cert history 7yrs ago. It was just the written exam on the day, so this is all new to me.

I'm with an adult education college :o

I'm just going to hand write it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

theowen wrote: »
    Hand-write. Unless you've a disability of some sort!

Hand Write. I typed my LC but for the Geography project. I had to write it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Thanks for the replies guys.

I can't remember doing a project for leaving cert history 7yrs ago. It was just the written exam on the day, so this is all new to me.

I'm with an adult education college :o

I'm just going to hand write it anyway.

As others have said: write it.

Although do not discount the use of typing. Typing a draft or just collecting your thoughts (personally) have been very effective for me. I have to type essays in college and it's a massive improvement over writing them! Typing enables using different structure, different phrasing and quick editing. From there, you can write it out.

Also, good job on going back, hope you do well!

Advertisement