Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

E-mail Problems

• 25-10-2010 7:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

I am using Spamihilator with Outlook Express for some time but I had been missing some newsletters so I decided to reset my settings but still no joy.Some friends has also sent me e-mails which never arrived.After some checking I opened eircom.net site which i had used on holidays to check e-mails,I found that it had 308 e-mails marked :Might be Spam: in the deleted section.Has anyone any ideas how I can stop the eircom site from blocking the e-mails.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

I have to admit i know nothing of the workings of eircom email, but i'd be fairly sure they do not pump much money into research/investment/improvement for it. There are infact a wealth of other free, modern email services available out there which you could sign up for, all that have decent built in spam filtering, more storage, etc., and that can be made to work with Outlook express also. I'm curoius why you use additional spam filtering software if eircom already does spam filtering for you?

The only ways to stop some messages being marked as spam, are to manually mark them as safe, or to lower/remove the spam detection levels. These options should be available in the eircom webmail site options somewhere. I would also try turning off Spamihilator temporarily to see if the emails come through to your deleted items in outlook.

Advertisement