Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BBC 1 HD Testing

• 25-10-2010 7:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭

BBC One HD now testing at 10.847V 22.0 5/6 under banner 6941.

Showing BBC One now info on epg banner but not simulcasting - different from BBC HD Preview channel

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Will we get this channel on our EPG when it's launched?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

200motels wrote: »
    Will we get this channel on our EPG when it's launched?

given bbc HD is on the epg now i don't see why not, at the very least it will be on other channels, but i reckon it will be added...

(fingers crossed)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Channel 4 is on the EPG but Channel 4 HD isn't. If BBC One HD doesn't appear at least it can be tuned in to other channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Dipole

From next week's Radio Times :- November 3rd - BBC1 HD : Freesat 108 - BBC HD : Freesat 109

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭holidaysong

Just tuned in there a few minutes ago and it's doing a simulcast of the SD BBC1.

• Advertisement

Just tuned in there a few minutes ago and it's doing a simulcast of the SD BBC1.

was it in hd though? that's what it's supposed to be, a hd simulcast of the bbc1 channel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Rick_

Not everything on BBC ONE is in HD anyway, so only programmes made in HD will be simulcasted in HD. Everything else will be upscaled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

There's now a page announcing the launch.
    BBC ONE HD will be launching here with The One Show on 3 Nov

BBC HD can now be found on Freesat 109, Freeview 54, Sky 169 and Virgin Media 187

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Just tuned it in and its now showing just information as follows:

"BBC One HD will be launching here with The One Show on 3 Nov

BBC HD can now be found on Freesat 109, Freeview 54, Sky 169 and Virgin Media 187"

EDIT: Just pipped by gtg60 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭DigiDec

BBC 1 HD will be on ch 143 and BBC HD will move to ch 169 (in the UK anyway) according to the BBC website, fingers crossed it will be on the ROI EPG on Wednesday.

• Advertisement

Paddy C wrote: »
    Not everything on BBC ONE is in HD anyway, so only programmes made in HD will be simulcasted in HD. Everything else will be upscaled.

as you were pedantic first..:)

nothing on bbc one is in HD, everything is SD.

i meant was it a 1080i broadcast or just an SD feed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭lgs 4

DigiDec wrote: »
    BBC 1 HD will be on ch 143 and BBC HD will move to ch 169 (in the UK anyway) according to the BBC website, fingers crossed it will be on the ROI EPG on Wednesday.
    not if sky can get money out of you ,if you want BBC 1 HD get a humax hd freesat pvr

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

excellent news, another HD channel for my Humax, no harm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

The DOG's a bit big...:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭holidaysong

mossym wrote: »
    i meant was it a 1080i broadcast or just an SD feed...

Yes it was a HD simulcast. As others have said it was then replaced with the red info screen.

Yeah just a tad big!!

They are testing so what you see may not reflect the finished product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Great stuff:)
    bbc1hd.jpg?t=1288201034

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

i have sky hd irish subscription

you get that placeholder if you go into it from other channels

"BBC HD can now be found on Freesat 109, Freeview 54, Sky 169 and Virgin Media 187"

if you dial in channel 169 though it says channel unavailable, so is this a sign that it wont be on the main irish epg when it launches?

certainly looks that way to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

BArra wrote: »
    i have sky hd irish subscription

you get that placeholder if you go into it from other channels

"BBC HD can now be found on Freesat 109, Freeview 54, Sky 169 and Virgin Media 187"

if you dial in channel 169 though it says channel unavailable, so is this a sign that it wont be on the main irish epg when it launches?

certainly looks that way to me

The channel is still in testing & is not available until the 3rd on 169,

Weather or not its available on a R.O.I EPG remains to be seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭John mac

viewers will be able to enjoy all the drama of Christmas Day in Albert Square in HD,

woo hooo !!!!! :rolleyes:

:D:D above quote from here

Its BBC HD that will move to 169
    &
    BBC One HD that will get 143 on the UK EPG and hopefully the ROI one too.

And as posted over on the terrestrial forum,I now have it in my freeview hd epg from my wales pointed tv aerial on uhf ch 50 from the presely transmitter.
    The same test named on freeview HD as service 17540 :D

Starting november 3rd with the one show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭homelink

DigiDec wrote: »
    Its BBC HD that will move to 169
    &
    BBC One HD that will get 143 on the UK EPG and hopefully the ROI one too.

I wouldn't hold out much hope to see it on the Irish EPG as Sky will not pay for it.The only reason BBC HD came on to the EPG was to allow sky to sell more HD boxes during the World Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭medoc

homelink wrote: »
    I wouldn't hold out much hope to see it on the Irish EPG as Sky will not pay for it.The only reason BBC HD came on to the EPG was to allow sky to sell more HD boxes during the World Cup.

I just noticed that 'THE One Show' on BBC1 NI on the Sky EPG which has "Also in HD" in its description no longer has it from next Wednesday. Its moving from the BBC HD channel to BBC1 HD. This EPG description change might signify that we will not have BBC1 HD on the irish EPG.

medoc wrote: »
    This EPG description change might signify that we will not have BBC1 HD on the irish EPG.

I wouldn't think so. Viewers in the UK will see the exact same synopsis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

medoc wrote: »
    I just noticed that 'THE One Show' on BBC1 NI on the Sky EPG which has "Also in HD" in its description no longer has it from next Wednesday. Its moving from the BBC HD channel to BBC1 HD. This EPG description change might signify that we will not have BBC1 HD on the irish EPG.

Ah this is boll*x. I have some stuff series linked on BBC HD which have now gone from that channel as I presume they will be on BBC1 HD which is not in my planner. Annoying if we only have it via other channels. Also BBC HD will become a pointless channel if they take out all the decent BBC 1 stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

Ah this is boll*x. I have some stuff series linked on BBC HD which have now gone from that channel as I presume they will be on BBC1 HD which is not in my planner. Annoying if we only have it via other channels. Also BBC HD will become a pointless channel if they take out all the decent BBC 1 stuff.

Hmm-mm ..... not everbody has sky and has to suffers the woes you are talking about. I suspect the addition of BBC1 HD will be received very well by most people. Rather than current BBC HD becoming pointless I believe it will actually now carry new HD content from BBC2,3 and 4 that it couldn't previously carry because it had to carry popular BBC1 stuff.

Maybe you should consider dropping Sky and move to Freesat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

jobyrne30 wrote: »
    Hmm-mm ..... not everbody has sky and has to suffers the woes you are talking about. I suspect the addition of BBC1 HD will be received very well by most people. Rather than current BBC HD becoming pointless I believe it will actually now carry new HD content from BBC2,3 and 4 that it couldn't previously carry because it had to carry popular BBC1 stuff.

Maybe you should consider dropping Sky and move to Freesat.

Yea I'm speaking from a sky subscriber POV. Obviously a nice addition for the free to air households.

• Advertisement

jobyrne30 wrote: »
    Hmm-mm ..... not everbody has sky and has to suffers the woes you are talking about. I suspect the addition of BBC1 HD will be received very well by most people.

going to be a pain in the ass for everyone for the first few weeks, sky or any other platforms. i have all my bbc stuff set to record everytime on this channel on BBC HD, so going to have to switch it all over, bound to miss a few shows of something.

once we get over that thought should be very good to have it

Advertisement