Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Modding Thoughts...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Damn those itagged ads on bus shelters & bill boards...when your driving along it looks like jtagged :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

So im buying a few RGH boards,
    Torn between the tx coolrunner and the maximus stinger :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Is any body else on the newest dashboard with their Glitch/Jtag. I updated this morning and i have to say it's pretty cool, especially if you have a Kinect to control everything with voice. "Xbox settings" "Xbox home" "Xbox games"
    It actually got me in the mood to play a bit of Kinect sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭stanleytli

Hi, just did this few minutes ago with xeBuild GUI_v1.0 - slim rgh, nice stuff.
    I setup fans at 60% in custom settings & it's working perfect. We can setup the temperature also, cool:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

*cough* http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75866688&postcount=25 *cough* ;)

• Advertisement

Try maximus:rolleyes:

One more experience, switching from slim to phat on slim coolrunner can improve booting times or opposite phat to slim on phat coolrunner, tested and it works.

Someone reported a better booting times (Slim) with different CPU_RST cable positioning. I will try this on next slim.

Another mod, a 33nF capacitor with a 1k Ohm resistor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

On my first Jasper (16mb nand) RGH, Xell is stuck at "waiting for link..." making it impossible to grab the CPU key :rolleyes:

Edit: Got it!

• Advertisement

Webbrowser & IP number

So, TX pretty much announced they're making a Dual-Nand Coolrunner chip, it's going to rock so fawking much, wonder what the price will be

So, TX pretty much announced they're making a Dual-Nand Coolrunner chip, it's going to rock so fawking much, wonder what the price will be
    Just saw it there myself
    looks nice
    Id rather see a solution for xenon and corona boards myself if it was at all possible though,
    There must be another point on the board the the cpu can be clocked from :confused:

Matrix glitcher 2 has also been released with different slim timings to chose from to speed up slim boot times

Love it :D

Id rather see a solution for xenon and corona boards myself if it was at all possible though, There must be another point on the board the the cpu can be clocked from
    Yep, me too M8.
    Very interesting in matrix2, how's about stinger:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Id rather see a solution for xenon and corona boards myself if it was at all possible though,
    There must be another point on the board the the cpu can be clocked from :confused:

Lads on X-H are looking into corona.

First slim glitched (by me ofcoz). I'm not sure if that because I've got board from TV or what, but no messing with cables, caps or anything: time from start to finish - 45 minutes, booting time: <15 seconds. Happy days!

Two Jtags
    One with internal hdd mod
    One using ConnectX via Lan
    System Link
    Me & my son
    Xmas holidays

Good times :)

Btw ConnectX works a treat, even with system link running :cool:

Happy Xmas all :)

Why is there no boards.ie logo covered in snow this year? :(

EnterNow wrote: »
    Happy Xmas all :)

Why is there no boards.ie logo covered in snow this year? :(

Happy Christmas EN and all

• Advertisement

Happy Xmas

First random modding thought of 2012

Lite on and Benq drives are complete POS

A Hitachi may sound like a jet but at least its reliable

Go on so, elaborate for us :)

The Virus returns, I was beginning to think someone spiked you with anti-biotics :D A good yule-tide & new years I take it?

I find Hit's PITA to flash, had a pile of bricked at one stage. Lasers are not great, but those are POS in all Xbox drives.

The Virus returns, I was beginning to think someone spiked you with anti-biotics :D

I never went away, although I sure have been keeping a very low profile as of late. What can I say, work got a little bit hectic.
    A good yule-tide & new years I take it?

Christmas was grand but definitely the quietest in many years, the same for New Years :pac: I trust you had a good one yourself?

I repaired a lite on that had open tray before Christmas,
    Spent a few hours on it,
    Complete pain in the ass job with multiple parts not working,
    So to fix it it was just a process of elimination.
    Would have just replaced it but I didn't have a lite on handy and the guy needed it back for Christmas.

Anyway I get a call today saying its gone again and when I have a look at it the actual pcb is dead and I had to RGH it to recover the key and I'm waitng for a new drive to come in

@Docentore
    I find Hitatchis fine to flash but then again im using a x360usbpro.
    But out of all the drives I get to repair Lite-ons and benqs come in most often.
    The lasers in Hitatchis and Samsungs I find are much better quality and dont die as easily and the parts ie worm motors dont fail as often.

The drive belts in Samsungs are complete rubbish though.

Just my experiences of them.

Christmas was grand but definitely the quietest in many years, the same for New Years :pac: I trust you had a good one yourself?

Very much the same dude.

The only thing that broke the monotony was I got a dead Halo ltd edition 360 so I could scavenge the case for my jtag. I got it swapped over last night, eject button & tray cover too you'll be glad to hear [despite having no dvd drive folks, tricky enough to do]

Very much the same dude.

The only thing that broke the monotony was I got a dead Halo ltd edition 360 so I could scavenge the case for my jtag. I got it swapped over last night, eject button & tray cover too you'll be glad to hear [despite having no dvd drive folks, tricky enough to do]

Pics in the pics thread, or GTFO :D

• Advertisement

Pics in the pics thread, or GTFO :D

+1

Advertisement