Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Random Modding Thoughts...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Prodigious wrote: »
    Sorry if I'm being a lazy prick here lads, but I've a question:

My ideal setup would be:

Xbox 360, external 1TB hdd which games can be added to as I please, and console will play from it.
    With the ability to play online (Would be prepared to use original disks to play online)

Is this possible? Which hack is required?

Is there anyone who will do the whole lot for a fee?

Thanks

You need the Reset Glitch Hack with a TX Coolrunner and Demon mod chip to add an extra retail nand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

justryan wrote: »
    You need the Reset Glitch Hack with a TX Coolrunner and Demon mod chip to add an extra retail nand.

Fair play. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Can anyone recommend someone who provides this service or sells these consoles?

Prodigious wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend someone who provides this service or sells these consoles?

Modded Consoles for Sale thread - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056388666

Modding & Repair Services thread - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055478489

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Has anybody any info on doing an SMC reset for a bad nand flash on a slim? It's for the one with the failed DemoN install, a last ditch attempt to get it working before I sell it for parts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Has anybody any info on doing an SMC reset for a bad nand flash on a slim? It's for the one with the failed DemoN install, a last ditch attempt to get it working before I sell it for parts.

Touching Virus in failed mod attempt shocker?? :eek: Does not compute!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

would using donor files not help?

You could try desolder the existing nand and transplant on a new one from an old Xbox

EnterNow wrote: »
    Touching Virus in failed mod attempt shocker?? :eek: Does not compute!

Yeah, my first and only DemoN install and I hosed the board man - was gutted at the time (before Christmas). I don't have a Slim donor nand nor do I have donor files to flash to the console. Power beep but no fans/CPU, something really low level gone horribly wrong

Yeah, my first and only DemoN install and I hosed the board man - was gutted at the time (before Christmas). I don't have a Slim donor nand nor do I have donor files to flash to the console. Power beep but no fans/CPU, something really low level gone horribly wrong

Do you have the stock nand dump?

• Advertisement

I do :)

I do :)

If you have a dead phat Xbox with a 16mb nand desolder that with a Heatgun clean the legs with desoldering braid and solder it on your Slim Xbox and flash back the stock image - its a lot of work but worth it if you get a working Xbox :)

Anyone know where there are any cheap laptop hdd's going? Not looking for anything with huge capacity or anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Anyone know where there are any cheap laptop hdd's going? Not looking for anything with huge capacity or anything

I have a few knocking about, what are you after?

Achilles wrote: »
    I have a few knocking about, what are you after?

Cheers :), anything over 80/120GB or so should be fine...

Cheers :), anything over 80/120GB or so should be fine...

I presume it's SATA you need and not IDE?

I presume it's SATA you need and not IDE?

Oops sorry yeah 2.5" SATA :o

Oops sorry yeah 2.5" SATA :o

I'll have a root around later on and let you know what I have. You don't really have to give me anything for it... I'd be open to swapping something for it though if you're feeling generous!

I'll have a root around later on and let you know what I have. You don't really have to give me anything for it... I'd be open to swapping something for it though if you're feeling generous!

Cool sure let me know what you find & I'll see if I can find barterage :)

Cool sure let me know what you find & I'll see if I can find barterage :)

Right well I have a few knocking about at home but I've just checked some older supplies here in work...

One 80Gb and one 120Gb up for grabs. Let me know which one you want!

• Advertisement

Right well I have a few knocking about at home but I've just checked some older supplies here in work...

One 80Gb and one 120Gb up for grabs. Let me know which one you want!

The 120GB sounds like a good vintage man, what are you after in the way of barterage?

The 120GB sounds like a good vintage man, what are you after in the way of barterage?

A console modification or two?

A console modification or two?

I was thinking more along the lines of a beautifully sealed NTSC-J copy of The Tower :p

I was thinking more along the lines of a beautifully sealed NTSC-J copy of The Tower :p

Never heard of it tbh.

Never heard of it tbh.

What mods have you got in mind? Bare in mind €40 gets me a brand new 250GB hdd :o

What mods have you got in mind? Bare in mind €40 gets me a brand new 250GB hdd :o

How much would you normally charge for a Dreamcast VGA port install or a Mega Drive region switch with 60hz switch?

Or put simply, what kind of simple mods would you be willing to do for the 120gb drive?

How much would you normally charge for a Dreamcast VGA port install or a Mega Drive region switch with 60hz switch?

Or put simply, what kind of simple mods would you be willing to do for the 120gb drive?

I don't even offer the DC VGA mod as a service, given the cost of a VGA box, the cost for the time & parts to do the mod would outweigh it.

I'd do the Megadrive region & 60Hz mod for it though :)

I don't even offer the DC VGA mod as a service, given the cost of a VGA box, the cost for the time & parts to do the mod would outweigh it.

I'd do the Megadrive region & 60Hz mod for it though :)

Sold! :-P Its a Mega Drive 2, that OK?

Got sorted with an hdd, thanks anyway Achilles. Btw I thought all these posts were in the Trading thread...tsk tsk EnterNow

• Advertisement

Got sorted with an hdd, thanks anyway Achilles. Btw I thought all these posts were in the Trading thread...tsk tsk EnterNow

Ahh alright so. Might get you to do a few mods to a few consoles when payday rolls around again.

Thanks for letting me know anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

So I have an RGH xbox 360 slim with the 4gig HDD, Can I add another internal 500gig HDD or do i have to remove the 4gig and replace it? I bought this modded so not to sure on how to go about it, I am using an external 80gig at the moment and both drives are pretty full.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

safetyboy wrote: »
    So I have an RGH xbox 360 slim with the 4gig HDD, Can I add another internal 500gig HDD or do i have to remove the 4gig and replace it? I bought this modded so not to sure on how to go about it, I am using an external 80gig at the moment and both drives are pretty full.

Yeah you can just pop in the new hard drive. you will have both the 4gb and the new space to use then.

If i Just wanted to take out the 4gig and replace it with a 500, do i just format the 500 through the xbox and then copy all the 4G onto the 500?

If i Just wanted to take out the 4gig and replace it with a 500, do i just format the 500 through the xbox and then copy all the 4G onto the 500?

You cannot remove the 4gb it is a chip on the motherboard. You can just add your new hard drive and you will have both the 4gb and the 500gb.

you put the new hard drive in and format it using the options in the console.

Cheers I shall give it a go later.

• Advertisement

Limericks wrote: »
    You cannot remove the 4gb it is a chip on the motherboard. You can just add your new hard drive and you will have both the 4gb and the 500gb.

you put the new hard drive in and format it using the options in the console.

Also you can format the hdd to fat32 using guiformat.exe if you don't want to use the Xbox file system.

justryan wrote: »
    Also you can format the hdd to fat32 using guiformat.exe if you don't want to use the Xbox file system.

Can I copy the 4gig to the new HDD and boot from the HDD? Or can I install all DLC on the new HDD and not on the 4gig?

Can I copy the 4gig to the new HDD and boot from the HDD? Or can I install all DLC on the new HDD and not on the 4gig?

I presume FSD is installed into the 4gb memory so I'd leave it there. If you want to use DLC you'll need to format the hdd through the regular dashboard as Limericks said.

Can I copy the 4gig to the new HDD and boot from the HDD?

You can do that yes, just copy all the fs3 files to the hard drive and use dashlaunch to change the location of the fs3 xex.

Do I do this through FTP or can it all be done through the box? Will the xbox set up the partitions or is that something I will have to do through the PC.

I'm reading through this http://digiex.net/guides-reviews/console-guides/xbox-360-guides/6517-upgrade-jtagged-xbox-360s-hard-drive-restore-avatars-xbox-1-emulator.html

Or do i need to bother with all that?

• Advertisement

Do I do this through FTP or can it all be done through the box? Will the xbox set up the partitions or is that something I will have to do through the PC.

I'm reading through this http://digiex.net/guides-reviews/console-guides/xbox-360-guides/6517-upgrade-jtagged-xbox-360s-hard-drive-restore-avatars-xbox-1-emulator.html

Or do i need to bother with all that?

Why bother? You'll still be able to load saves from both places...

• Registered Users Posts: 26 paanhaddy

hi guys, i'm thinking to flash my xbox 360 slim dvd drive. but i have some questions in my mind :confused:, i googled a few times but no clear answer,
    sorry for long introduction, anyway these are the questions:

1)can we get banned if we flashed xbox 360 and play it online?
    2) does new firmware update cause banned and need to reflash again?
    3)does new patch game update cause banned and need to reflash the drive again?
    4) is it totally safe when we play original cd on flashed xbox online?

the answer is yes or no, help will be highly appreciated as these will ease my mind, cheers

paanhaddy wrote: »
    hi guys, i'm thinking to flash my xbox 360 slim dvd drive. but i have some questions in my mind :confused:, i googled a few times but no clear answer,
    sorry for long introduction, anyway these are the questions:

the answer is yes or no, help will be highly appreciated as these will ease my mind, cheers

You must be new around here...

You must be new around here...

not really, been here for months not years, i'm quit familiar about ps3 modding, but not xbox360, any help much appreciated...

So in all of your time here you've never bothered to read the charter?

Right mate. Im undertand ur sarcasm.

Anyway, to the best of my knowledge:

1) Yes
    2) It certainly was doing that up until recently enough, I think its ok now though. Someone else will have to confirm that.
    3) No, I don't think game updates have any impact on drive flashing/firmware
    4) Nothing is ever totally safe when using a modded console online, they can detect custom drive firmware even without a disc in the drive. So, no.

I don't see where the charter has been broken, there's been no linking to warez, no instructions on how to pirate etc. This is a question pertaining to the repercussions of cfw, nothing else :)
    Right mate. Im undertand ur sarcasm.

And back on topic we go folks

I don't see where the charter has been broken, there's been no linking to warez, no instructions on how to pirate etc. This is a question pertaining to the repercussions of cfw, nothing else :)

And back on topic we go folks

I was half asleep when I typed that up, I thought I saw something about playing backups online and if you could get banned for it or not.

Don't mind me I'm just a pretentious arse at times... as well you know! :P

Don't mind me I'm just a pretentious arse at times... as well you know! :P

I'm a pretentious persons worst nightmare :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement