Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Modding Thoughts...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

I know, which is why I'd appreciate any pointers or tips. I'm at the end of my patience with it.

I hear ya man I've been there before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I know, which is why I'd appreciate any pointers or tips. I'm at the end of my patience with it.

Do the proper internal hdd mod on it? I don't see any way around the problem either...

Did you try downloading a stock image from xbins and injecting the kv and config and flashing this to the NAND?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

justryan wrote: »
    Did you try downloading a stock image from xbins and injecting the kv and config and flashing this to the NAND?

What KV and Config though? I don't have the original KV/Config belong to this console. I have plenty of Jasper stock images :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

bestpig / hash check removal?

• Advertisement

docentore wrote: »

What do you mean doc?

I am not sure what I need to supply to Bestpig.

I cannot build with Bestpig if I rebuild the image using 360 Flash Tool using the proper CPU key, get a dump not extracted properly error. If I decrypt the KV and re-encrypt the KV using the right CPU Key I get a CPU-KEy Mismatch error with Bestpig.

I am not sure what I need to supply to Bestpig.

I cannot build with Bestpig if I rebuild the image using 360 Flash Tool using the proper CPU key, get a dump not extracted properly error. If I decrypt the KV and re-encrypt the KV using the right CPU Key I get a CPU-KEy Mismatch error with Bestpig.
    I had similar situation with two of my customers. Basically they have updated their jtags using Ms update and the original files where lost.
    I don't remember exactly which tool I used at that time.

Prob a stupid question, but can jtags use external usb drivesfor read/write access? <ie not limited to the first 16gb>

Just wondering whether to bother doing the internal 3.5" mod on my jasper or not...if I can just plug a usb drive in I'll likely not bother...

EnterNow wrote: »
    Prob a stupid question, but can jtags use external usb drivesfor read/write access? <ie not limited to the first 16gb>

Just wondering whether to bother doing the internal 3.5" mod on my jasper or not...if I can just plug a usb drive in I'll likely not bother...

You are not limited by 16GB capacity with USB flash drives as the checks have been removed, you just need to format it to fat32 and your good to go.

• Advertisement

You are not limited by 16GB capacity with USB flash drives as the checks have been removed, you just need to format it to fat32 and your good to go.

Much obliged, that'll save me modding it for large storage :) Cheers JR

Quick one lads, after going from 13146, to 13599...whats the prefereed method of getting FSD & Dashlaunch working again? Is there a new Dash Launch for each dash...ie do I have to download a 13599 variant of it?

Download dashlaunch from xbins, I don't think 13599 will be compatible with the current dashlaunch so get the second latest version, and run the default.xex file from the installer folder (do this within Xexmenu or FSD).

Go through the steps you won't need to change any settings, reboot your Xbox and it should boot straight into FSD again.

Download dashlaunch from xbins, I don't think 13599 will be compatible with the current dashlaunch so get the second latest version, and run the default.xex file from the installer folder (do this within Xexmenu or FSD).

Go through the steps you won't need to change any settings, reboot your Xbox and it should boot straight into FSD again.

So I won't need to go writing a new settings.ini etc, just use the old one & reflash with the new version I'm about to procure?

So I won't need to go writing a new settings.ini etc, just use the old one & reflash with the new version I'm about to procure?

Exactly no need to mess around with launch.ini unless you need to, dashlaunch just applies several patches to the system.

Exactly no need to mess around with launch.ini unless you need to, dashlaunch just applies several patches to the system.

Quick & painless, just deleted the old installer, ftp'd the new one across. Ran it via XeX, updated settings & voilla...FSD @ 13599 :cool:

Thanks again JR

Quick & painless, just deleted the old installer, ftp'd the new one across. Ran it via XeX, updated settings & voilla...FSD @ 13599 :cool:

Thanks again JR

No problem glad you got it sorted ;)

Always worth checking the changelog to see if there's any new patches. There isn't though, so happy days :D

Always worth checking the changelog to see if there's any new patches. There isn't though, so happy days :D

It said something along the lines of "Falcon patches not installed, there are patches available do you want to install?"

I said yes, & it proceeded without any errors. What are the patches tv?

Depends on what you set you ini file to :)

The ini file not only holds info on what buttons do what with regards to dashlaunch, but as justryan said, also what patches you want installed. So the 30ms ping removal patch, the blocking LIVE DNS patch, the patch to remove the mini-blade etc.

Most times you'll get "patches are up to date" if the patches haven't changed between installs, but sometimes they'll need to be updated so dashlaunch will do the business.

As a rule of thumb I always run through the dashlaunch ini Q&A during install, just in case a new patch came out in the meantime and I'd like to have it. Never want to be missing out :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'm really annoyed i bought a X360USB from Team Xecuter a few months ago and it never arrived before i left the country came back tested it and Windows will not recognise it.(So its faulty) I can't believe it and its gone well past the return period. What were the chances of getting a faulty one when you are out of country if i was here of course it would have worked.

I'm really annoyed i bought a X360USB from Team Xecuter a few months ago and it never arrived before i left the country came back tested it and Windows will not recognise it.(So its faulty) I can't believe it and its gone well past the return period. What were the chances of getting a faulty one when you are out of country if i was here of course it would have worked.

Talk to the seller, they really should do something for you to sort it out. I would ask for my money back too if you're in no rush to get the X360USB - apparently the next product TX are working on is the X360USB v2 which will also have the CK3i in it. I expect the price to go up but that'd be a real one-piece does all investment :)

In other news, fantastic to see Team Matrix enter the DVD Drive Replacement PCB market and undercut TX - their Freedom PCB for LiteOn DG-16D4S drives is selling at $55 compared to the $70-$80 for the TX replacement PCB.

Buying first-generation modchips/boards is all well and good, but sometimes a little more refinement is necessary.

My first glitch, a Jasper Big Block, was suffering from some incredibly patchy boot times - nothing at all like the boot times on the Coolrunner sample videos. Sometimes it wouldn't boot for over two minutes before I just quit waiting and turned it off. However, I've since read that adding a 680pf capacitor between CPU_PLL_BYPASS (A on the TX Coolrunner) and GND can fix this issue. Also, using a 470pf cap inline between the Coolrunner and CPU_RST wire will help but usually the 680pf is enough.

I don't have a 680pf ceramic cap, but I do have a large 470pf cap and so I tried that - boots first time almost every time into Xell and NXE/FSD. Guess I'll be buying a bag of small ceramic 680pf caps and a bag of smaller 470pf caps - stupid jaspers :p

Buying first-generation modchips/boards is all well and good, but sometimes a little more refinement is necessary.

My first glitch, a Jasper Big Block, was suffering from some incredibly patchy boot times - nothing at all like the boot times on the Coolrunner sample videos. Sometimes it wouldn't boot for over two minutes before I just quit waiting and turned it off. However, I've since read that adding a 680pf capacitor between CPU_PLL_BYPASS (A on the TX Coolrunner) and GND can fix this issue. Also, using a 470pf cap inline between the Coolrunner and CPU_RST wire will help but usually the 680pf is enough.

I don't have a 680pf ceramic cap, but I do have a large 470pf cap and so I tried that - boots first time almost every time into Xell and NXE/FSD. Guess I'll be buying a bag of small ceramic 680pf caps and a bag of smaller 470pf caps - stupid jaspers :p

I've seen that thread. Good work TV

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

I would like to shout out a giant fúck you to DX
    My chips arrived today and were installed no bother,
    But it turns out there not programmed :mad:
    Even after I recieved an email from dx assuring me they were :mad:
    I swear those people will do anything to make a sale

I would like to shout out a giant fúck you to DX
    My chips arrived today and were installed no bother,
    But it turns out there not programmed :mad:
    Even after I recieved an email from dx assuring me they were :mad:
    I swear those people will do anything to make a sale

Post them to me with a return envelope, I'll flash them for free :)

Post them to me with a return envelope, I'll flash them for free :)

You sir are a legend :)

+1

A king among men :D

Ah it's no trouble at all, happy to help :)

• Advertisement

Uggh after a little more reading it turns out they have a faulty xilinx chip.
    Back to DX they go :(
    Shame really

Advertisement