Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wires in switch

Options
  • 25-10-2010 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    A switch stopped working the other day (it's a switch like an oven switch) - the light was flickering and the appliance would only work if I held my hand against the switch and pushed. Seemed to be caused by a loose wire or something because when I took the switch off and taped the wires together the appliance worked fine. Anyway I put the wires back in to the switch and screwed it back together but the switch still won't work. Is there a knack to this or do I probably just need to buy a new switch?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭u2gooner

New switch, end of story.

Dont try to fix things like that yourself unless you are an electrician, which I presume you are not or you wouldnt be asking. An electrician would just replace a faulty switch so you should too. Go to an electrical wholesaler, they are not expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

agree.new switch.make sure connections are tightened to the max.
    turn power off for safety while undertaking work

Advertisement