Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund refusal

Options
  • 25-10-2010 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

My son purchased an ARES PPSH from Quality Airsoft Supplies back in August.

The purchase arrangement was a little unorthodox, i.e. I had to pay a deposit of €250 directly to QAS and then the remaining €200 to KR of Tigerland Airsoft upon delivery.

Well we got the item and it looked sweet, but on its maiden voyage it did not live up to expectations. By the end of the day the thing was misfiring and the magazine was loose.

Like most people we tried a couple of things to fix the problem and one thing seemed to work which was to use a sling to hold the magazine in place. This worked for a while but then once again the thing started to misfire.

Did some more playing around with the item but never making any changes to it we decided to give one more try. This time it was clocked at 0.15 Joule and misfiring all the time.

That was it! Back to QAS it had to go.

It turned out that QAS were unable to rectify the problem but did offer to refund me the monies paid which I was pleased about as was my son.

In late September I received €250 from QAS. I immediately queried QAS about the remaining €200 and received the following response.

I will have to talk to keith with regard to a refund for yourself as we were only in receipt of the deposit from yourself (€ 250). The remainder of the amount was paid to keith and you will have to contact him with regard to the remainder. I don't even know how much you paid him. Obviously we cannot refund any profit he made on the transaction.
    Charles QAS 19/09/2010.

I contacted KR about the remainder of the monies owed which was €200 and according to QAS was refundable from KR. Keith totally rubbished such a suggestion and said that QAS were obliged to refund me the remaining €200.

So I again contacted QAS about the refund and received the following response.

Please note that we cannot refund you monies that we did not receive from you. If we were to refund you what you paid Keith, then we would be refunding his margin from the transaction. This does not make sense.

I have explained the situation to Keith. The situation is...
    • We have refunded you the money that you paid us
    • Keith refunds you the money you paid him
    • We refund the money Keith paid us”

Charlie QAS 6/10/2010

So again I forwarded this to KR and asked for a refund of the monies owed to my son and to this Keith responded by stating that

I rang Quality Airsoft Supplies and I was told that everything had been sorted out and you had been looked after.
    KR 7/10/2010

So two months on I am still without €200 which is owed, but by who QAS, KR?

The only thing is I am owed this money and will continue to peruse both parties until I receive the refund in full.

KR has also accused me of calling him a liar yet it is clear that I have only provided him with the information provided to me from QAS, and his concerns should be directed at QAS as they are the ones who are implicating him and him them. One of them is wrong.

What is clear is that my son is still owed €200, but who owes it to him QAS or KR.

On the 18/10/2010 I sent an email to both QAS and KR to try and see whether I could get the refund of the outstanding money but neither party responded to this email.

This is just one example of the way business should not be conducted (I do have other examples) and also demonstrated the unprofessional manner in which Airsoft can be represented by a small minority of people who are behind the sport. This has soured my enthusiasm for the sport because I am not being treated fairly nor am I being given my consumer rights and my 16 year old son is without the money he spent a long time saving to buy the PPSH.

I would like to add that both myself and my son are members of Tigerland and went to the site every weekend I had also informed KR that I would have to give up the sport due to financial constraints then this occurred, my son now feels like he is not welcome as do I, a sad state of affairs but the truth none the less.

AF

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Did you get receipts for the deposits?

If you got an invoice for the purchase who did it come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭ddoom

By posting here on boards I have finally got the retailer to promise to refund me the remaining monies.

So all's well that ends well.

Advertisement