Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healthy eating classes

Options
  • 25-10-2010 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I don't cook, as such. Whatever I eat, I look at the back of the packaging and stick it in the over at 200 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. Its usually some kind of chicken or fish in some kind of breadcrumbs. Its not ideal because I really should be eating healthy and low-salt.

What I am wondering is, are there any cooking classes in Dublin city centre with an emphasis on healthy cooking?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,426 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

All cooking you do yourself is going to be healthier than processed/packaged stuff.

Pick up fresh ingredients, meat etc and cook it what ever way you like the most. Pick up a recipie book, Choose baked, roasted, or grill recipies as these are normally beter than those fried. Choose extra veg over rice or pasta, and use oils and cheese sparingly in dishes.

It's pretty simple once you get started.
    If you stick with as few ingredients as possible, its almost always still edible even if you really mess up.

Start with;
    Oven baken chicken with pesto
    And a side of;
    Seasoned roast veggies

Advertisement