Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIREPLACES

Options
  • 25-10-2010 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hey Guys

Looking to get a fireplace installed , can anyone recommend a place to go to? Am at a loss with stuff like this! Appreciate any advice :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭jennytightlips

theme song wrote: »
    Hey Guys

Looking to get a fireplace installed , can anyone recommend a place to go to? Am at a loss with stuff like this! Appreciate any advice :D

pm sent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

Make sure you use a qualified handyman to install it...otherwise you might get burned :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jerry21locke

Never forget to choose the best quality of materials. Or you'll be fried. lol
    A good handy man a best materials that what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Yeah, you don't want to end up with a ring of fire!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

theme song wrote: »
    Hey Guys

Hey theme song, just wondering did you ever go ahead with this and if so, what were the results like.

Thinking of getting one installed in the New Year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 theme song

Hey Roaster

In the end i bought a 2nd hand one off internet & getting a mate to install it next week. There are some really good bargains on adverts & done deal

I was limited in the size of fireplace i could get , but went to a few places & Kings of Athy were very very helpful, would strongly recommend them. They charge E170 to install them.They were the best out of a few i went to.

Hope that helps you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭sinjim

Im a bit late but.......

Just to say people here recommending a 'handyman' installs your fireplace its all well and good if its just for show or and electric fire. if your going to be using it with solid fuel or gas you should always have someone fully qualified install it
    A fireplace has excatly the same fumes as your gas boiler, ie carbon monoxide and although it may look ok when installed by the handy man it may not be done 'properly'

Would you have a 'handyman' install you gas boiler???
    Just a taught :)

Advertisement