Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New to Motorhomes!!

• 25-10-2010 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

My hubby and I are embarking on a new project......Motorhome/Camper!!! We need all your experienced opinions, ideas and indeed direction to carry it out . We have been checking the web and picked out a Compass Calypso 302. They seem to be very scarce here especially in a right hand drive.

Yes, it has to be a rhd and very manoueverable and comfortable bed or beds. We think the Autosleepers might fit the bill.

Anyone got one???

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭Bessa

Hi British vans are scarce here, but they are very well kitted out. You should take a look up north there are plenty of Motorhome dealers up there. I do not know of any dealers in the south, we had to buy overseas.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 etn

Will keep on searching.

Thanks Bessa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

etn wrote: »
    My hubby and I are embarking on a new project......Motorhome/Camper!!! We need all your experienced opinions, ideas and indeed direction to carry it out . We have been checking the web and picked out a Compass Calypso 302. They seem to be very scarce here especially in a right hand drive.

Yes, it has to be a rhd and very manoueverable and comfortable bed or beds. We think the Autosleepers might fit the bill.

Anyone got one???

Thanks in advance.

hi and welcome,buying your first motorhome is a big project ok,it is hard to give you advice the van the suits me may be a million miles away from what you would like,i can only pass on the advise that we got went we set out,look at loads of vans of different makes,its all about the layout of the van if you can decide the layout that would you suit you then your search can get under way in ernest,if you get the layout wrong you can end up with the wrong van well you can see what i mean
    best of luck and let us know how you get on,this link might help http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/channel/articleitem.asp?c=1&article=156

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Are they the older type Ducato , with the Door at the rear , like an ambulance?

What's your budget?

Thanks for that link Killalanerr.

Aidan M M

You can see one on this link but it is sold.

http://www.bantrycampers.com/vehicledetails.php?vid=256

Our budget.......mmmm.....10k ish.

Have you got one???

• Advertisement

Not one of those , there's a euramobil and a CI Turistico there, close to your budget. We wouldn't have a lot of time for the earlier UK home market stuff , have seen too many of them leaking!

Are they RHD. Will certainly take a look. Are they online?

Both online , and both LHD .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Have you totally ruled out LHD?........have you driven a LHD?......it is not nearly as scary as you might think.....infact after about 20mins driving, it is second nature......also there is a great comfort in knowing how close you actually are to the ditch when your driving on little back roads ;)

Perhaps you should go and take a LDH van for a "Test Drive"

It definately would open up your choice of vans considerably

Advertisement