Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat suddenly decided to stop using litter box!

Options
  • 25-10-2010 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

We took in a stray female kitten that had befriended our own cat about three weeks ago and had her neutered right away.

As she was recovering and half wild we have been keeping her in the one room (living room) exclusively until a few days ago when she got her stitches out, now shes allowed to roam the house. She was using the litter tray no bother until a few days ago too but I'm not 100% if that could have been the trigger Now I'm finding cat poop in strange places! Help! what could have caused her to stop using the litter box and how do I fix it?

She has her own litter box as does my other cat and its cleaned at least twice a day, I have seen our other cat using hers once or twice. Could this be the reason? They are the best of friends no territorial issues so far etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Is it just poo your finding? Is she using the litter tray for pees? I would be inclined to just provide more trays around the house if it's just poos. If she's not peeing in it either I would bring her to the vets to check that she hasn't got a urinary tract infection, which would cause her pain so she'd be less inclined to use her litter tray as she would associate the area that she pees in with pain. If this is the case also change the type of litter your using (if your using gravel type stuff then change to wood pellets) to see will it make a difference as she could also associate that with pain if everytime she goes to pee on it the uti would be painful.

Advertisement