Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back To Basics 19th Birthday

Options
  • 25-10-2010 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭

Europes longest weekly running club night is 19 years old and still going strong:)

Time20 November at 22:00 - 21 November at 09:00
    LocationStinkys PeephouseCreated by:BACK TO BASICS
    More info
    TICKET LINK

http://www.ticketarena.co.uk/leeds/my-house/back-basics-19th-birthday-greatest-show-earth

Roll up roll up to the greatest show on earth! This year see's Back to Basics turn 19 years old which is kind of freaky, Back to Basics has always been crazy and lots of fun so it only seems fitting to this year have a big top circus themed evening complete with freaks, entertainers and side shows, combining cl...ubland with all the fun of the fair!

No expense will be spared in transforming the club into a Circus freakshow with all the fun of the fair!

So don your circus alter ego's and join in the fun! Bearded and tattooed ladies welcome, no need for strong men, leave the steroids and vests for other clubs. Clowns welcome but there's always plenty of us here week in week out anyway, you cant fail to miss some of the tom foolery that goes on behind the decks and on the floor, look out for flying residents!

Now on to what we really do best, the serious part of the evening, and what Basics really stands for, education through entertainment, the music!

For this momentous extravaganza joining us in the frolics and festivities will be none other than the Chicago maestro himself, Mr DERRICK CARTER who has had ties with Basics from its early heady days and was on the first ever Back To Basics album back in the early 90's. You may have seen him at other places in Leeds recently, but as he will tell you Basics is where he feels most at home, he knows the club inside out, if you've not seen him at Basics you haven't seen him anywhere! His sets in the

past are the stuff of legends!

Also, if you missed THE BLESSED at Basics Fatboy Slim show at the Academy, here is another opportunity to see Dave Beer and Gareth Whitehead’s band perform live with guest artists and musicians including none other than the legend himself, the Elvis of house music Mr ROBERT OWENS who gave us such classics as Frankie Knuckles - Tears, I'll be your friend and Mine to Give, just to mention a few anthems! His voice is now and always has been the sound of house music! We are truly blessed to have him in the house as he is also going to be delivering one of his seminal and extremely rare DJ sets in the BlackBox later that evening! Robert started his career treading the boards at clubs like studio 54, Paradise Garage, The Loft and Sound Factory. You don’t get much better CV than that unless you are LARRY LEVAN himself, god ret his soul!

There are more artists of the highest calibre to be added to the bill but at this stage we are unable to disclose who they are, but trust us you will not be disappointed, all 3 floors will be in full operation, with different styles of music in every room!

Full line up to be announced shortly!

Auditions are going to be held for anyone who has special circus like talents, i.e fire eating, juggling, tight rope walking and again bearded ladies. So if there are any freaks out there please let us know at Backtobasics91@yahoo.co.uk

TICKET LINK

http://www.ticketarena.co.uk/leeds/my-house/back-basics-19th-birthday-greatest-show-earth

Advertisement