Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More shops close down...

Options
  • 25-10-2010 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

The 2 branches of Pulse Accessories were closed down at the weekend. I heard the whole company went into liquidation. They have branched all over the country. The 2 Galway shops were on Shop Street beside the body Shop and in the Corrib Centre beside M&S.

More jobs lost.
    More empty retail space.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

heads up, some ladys clothes shop next to the entrance to tescos are opening soon, looking for both full and part time positions.
    Its called garrards or something.
    right next to the door of tescos ie. not the entrance to the shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Used to Be Adams Kids clothes shop I think

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭geekychick

Pity. :(

Bought a gorgeous black and white bag from their Shop St. shop last year (was able to bargain it down 10% as well!). I always really liked their stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

geekychick wrote: »
    Pity. :(

Bought a gorgeous black and white bag from their Shop St. shop last year (was able to bargain it down 10% as well!). I always really liked their stuff...

Funny, they say their quarterly review showed they were down exactly 10% of a black and white bag. All they wanted to do was break even to get them to Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

skelliser wrote: »
    heads up, some ladys clothes shop next to the entrance to tescos are opening soon, looking for both full and part time positions.

Any idea where you'd send a cv? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

All i saw was the top of the poster as i was walking into tescos.

Im sure if you go down and have a look there will be some contact info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Awww no I loved Pulse. Love jewellery. That's a bummer. :( Cheers for info.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭geekychick

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Funny, they say their quarterly review showed they were down exactly 10% of a black and white bag. All they wanted to do was break even to get them to Christmas.

Ouch! :o

A lesson learned: if I want the Irish economy to keep going, I must NOT plead poverty in accessories' shops, wholeheartedly embracing the leather goods-obsessed consumerist spender in myself instead! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

skelliser wrote: »

Its Gerrard, pretty famous brand so I'm told.

Theres also something going into the old Chartbusters on Headford Road and I'm sure theres gonna be a few Christmas shops opening up around town soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭bigtuna

I'm sure it was advertised on Fás a while back. Maybe drop a cv in the door of the shop for the attention of the manager.You'd never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Its Gerrard, pretty famous brand so I'm told.

Theres also something going into the old Chartbusters on Headford Road and I'm sure theres gonna be a few Christmas shops opening up around town soon.

I think it's Halfords

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

It was in jobs section of advertiser few weeks ago looking for managers and retail staff
    email address for applications was mary-jo@vogueshops.co.uk

penneys have ad up in window for staff also

in papers that clayton gone into receivership

loads of shops in town closed down.
    very sad

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

In the last year on Dominick St a Chemist,a bakery and the Indoor Market have all closed down,2 more are on the brink.I know that street is off the beaten track but rent rates for it are still really high,too high in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

EMobile is moving into the long vacant Benetton Shop at the entrance to Edward Square and the Perfume Shop (who used to be in Eyre Sq Centre) are moving in to empty shop that was once occupied by Twist Casuals.

If you are looking for jobs, search their sites :

www.emobile.ie

www.theperfumeshop.com

Who give a flying fu€k if there is another mobile phone shop on the main shopping street so long as it provides jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

ErnieBert wrote: »
    The 2 branches of Pulse Accessories were closed down at the weekend. I heard the whole company went into liquidation. They have branched all over the country. The 2 Galway shops were on Shop Street beside the body Shop and in the Corrib Centre beside M&S.

More jobs lost.
    More empty retail space.

The branch is the Corrib Centre was open today..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

ErnieBert wrote: »
    I think it's Halfords

Yep, the sign is up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

The branch is the Corrib Centre was open today..

They left a few open to sell off stock, I'd say it won't be open much longer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement