Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ONE / ONE Challenge 3 - Topic Suggestions

• 25-10-2010 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭

If anyone has an idea for a challenge please make your case below. Instead of leaving it up for a vote, i'll pick the suggestion I like best. :) In a couple of days or so.

I'll start it off with one suggestion.

Something Old, Something New.
    Dosn't need an explanation really... :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

1. line.
    2. rhythm.
    3. light.
    4. tonality.
    5. movement.
    6. reflection.
    7. perspective.
    8. contrast.
    9. positive/negative image.
    10. image of an image.
    11. square.
    12. circle.
    13. intersection of thirds.
    14. cropping.
    15. viewpoint.
    16. foreground/background.
    17. pattern.
    18. texture.
    19. interface.
    20. intervention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Something RED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Weren't the One/One challenges supposed to be related to technical aspects of photography (like Chorcai has suggested), rather than 'conceptual' type themes like we were doing in the regular challenges?

If so, I'd like to suggest Bokeh as the next One/One challenge theme.

I had to look up Bokeh on wikipedia:D

Seems like a good idea.

I seem to remember that there was some discussion about having the ONE/ONE challenges a bit more on the technical/style side - so Bokeh would fit the bill.

And certainly make a few of us try something totally new:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

HBW.........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

Symmetry
    perspective
    high ISO

Use of Fill in flash

There is a trade off between picking a 'technical' theme and probably having low numbers enter(especially when confined to one entry per person) and picking a 'general' theme which might be more popular.

For what it's worth I think the ONE/ ONE should try to push the boundaries a bit, take people out of their comfort zone and get them try something differrent.

That is the benefit of having 2 parallel assignments.
    If you don't like one you can opt for the other:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

OK, seems we have loads of suggestions. Thanks Chorcai, but my eye just glazes over when I see a list... :p

A couple of suggestions for Bokeh, but don't we already have a Happy Bokeh Wednesday thread. No? Besides, some will confuse it with a Happy DoF thingy, and we can't have that...

I like the High ISO suggestion, but meh.... lol Maybe another time. And keps, Fill in Flash will only encourage ppl to shoot with on camera flash. :eek:

So, I haven't picked any of the above. I decided on something to do with composition ;), the name of the next Challenge is to be "You've Been Framed".

Framing the subject can be a very effective way of isolating and drawing the viewers attention to where it's needed.

I'll set the thread up.

Do we really already have a

'Happy Bokeh Wednesday'

on Boards.ie?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Three of them... HBW

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭simona

I suggest portraits in the morning!it could be your sleepy child/wife/husband or even hungover friend after a night out ! :o

Advertisement