Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a Mid Tower Case - Please!

Options
  • 25-10-2010 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭

Had a Lian LI PC60 case for 10 years now and feel the need to sort out noise and airflow that I've neglected and just lived with (Thats code for I want something new to play with!)
    Cant decide on Lian PC-B25SB or P183 or Antec Solo, or something else
    Has to be a mid tower case. I can get the Lian Li for 150 euro but prefer the Antec choices as they are cheaper
    My system is
    Quad 6600 with stock cooler (Yes I know!)
    Geforce 8800GTS
    Asus P5KE
    Tagan TG480-U01 480W Power Supply
    2 x 1TB Samsung HD103SJ Drives

I guess noise is the most important factor, but I dont the time to fiddle around changing coolers and fans, so I'd like something pretty much out of the box that works.
    I know whatever I get will improve on my current (lack of) cooling, so thats second on the list

Has to be able to take a new longer Graphics card eventually.
    Dont care about removeable m/board trays as I wont be changing it much, just access to drives

thanks Guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

HAF 932 haf-922_angle.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

massy086 wrote: »
    HAF 932

Just in case of confusion, the 932 is the big tower, the one in the image is the 922, and it's still pretty big. There's also the newer 912, slightly smaller again, which I've heard decent things about.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Don't forget the NZXT Phantom and Silverstone Raven Mk2! ;) Can't find the big Fractal tower right now though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭funnyclub

massy086 wrote: »
    HAF 932 haf-922_angle.png

Nice looking case. I am also looking for a case for my 1st build and I am wondering if that case is quite? also is there plenty of room inside it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Thanks for the replies.
    getting a second hand Antec P182.
    Will also replace the stock cooler with something like a Xigmatek HDT-S1283

• Advertisement
Advertisement