Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[BPB] Boards Photobook 2010 - Book Launch

• 25-10-2010 9:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭

Ok folks, last step is here. We plan to launch the book in DCC on the 20th November. There are plans to have a few drinks before/during/after the event too and also the delivery of the books (which is obvious). The time for the launch will be around 8pm, we will finalise the details on the week of the event.

The venue can be found at:
    Dublin Camera Club, 10 Lower Camden Street, Dublin 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

The 20th November rings a bell with me, in that I have other plans. But it could be this I'm thinking off so in the end, I look forward to the launch night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

I may be shooting a rugby match but I'll be on that side of Dublin so should be easy to get along to.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SusieQue

Hmmm... Seems to be a popular night! I have 2 other things on that night
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Won't make it to the opening, have a great night though. I may arrange with someone to collect my book after :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

If anyone from Galway is going and wouldn't mind picking up my copy, could they please drop me a PM - I won't be able to make it on the night!

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

exciting! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Well it'll be me and the Girlfriend comming down, won't get leaving letterkenny untill after 4pm so it'll tight for 8pm, sure make sure to keep some the refreshments for me, ha ha. Could someone advise on what parking is like down there and where's the best place to park....

Sorry for all the Questions but never been down that area where the Camera club is.....

P.S. if anyone from my neck of the woods wants to come down with us or wants me to lift their book gimmie a PM....;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

There should be enough on street parking and at that time it's free. It's both residential and business there so I never worried about my car there.
    Maybe have a look at street view to get familiar with that area? A few one way streets there but having a passenger will help even more finding your way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Himer, If your in dublin for the night the royal surgeons multi-story carpark does a decent overnight rate of €7-8 and is 5-10 min walk away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

I'm looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mushypea007

whoo hoo ! looking forward to it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

I am hoping to get to the launch too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

Myself and nebezpeci mys will both be there too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Should be able to make it :D

Im going to be in Dublin that day, but i dont know if i'll be able to hang around later than 7pm or so. Will it be possible to pick mine up earlier than 8pm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Looking forward to it :)

Im going to be in Dublin that day, but i dont know if i'll be able to hang around later than 7pm or so. Will it be possible to pick mine up earlier than 8pm?

We are only getting them ourselves during that week, though that said, the chances are we'll be setting up in DCC before 7PM so give me a reminder PM before that weekend and I'll PM you my number in case you're waiting around...

Or stay an hour extra or so and meet all the lovely jubbly Boardsies :rolleyes:

sNarah wrote: »
    We are only getting them ourselves during that week, though that said, the chances are we'll be setting up in DCC before 7PM so give me a reminder PM before that weekend and I'll PM you my number in case you're waiting around...

Or stay an hour extra or so and meet all the lovely jubbly Boardsies :rolleyes:

Will do, thanks!
    Unfortunately I've long dive ahead of me to a mates 30th that same night so dont think i'll be able to hang around :o

...I've long dive ahead of me to a mates 30th...

Birthday party in a submarine :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Any ideas as to what watering hole we'll be hitting after the launch?

Few options:

The Village
    Whelan's
    Anseo
    Bernard Shaw
    Bleeding Horse
    Dicey's

I guess just to have enough space - or an area or something? If you guys want any help or anything please ask!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭bohsfan

A few more options:

The Cornerstone (I think it's the KarmaStone now...) has an upstairs section which I'm sure could be set aside. It's a bit of a quiet pub though.

Against The Grain (used to be Féile/Carnival) has lots of tasty world beers and would probably be open to putting a few tables aside.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Devitt's across the road...

Is Cassidy's the place on the corner? That's a nice bar too :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

We should put somebody in charge of minding the books as i can see us all being slaughtered at the end of the night and forgetting them. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

We should put somebody in charge of minding the books as i can see us all being slaughtered at the end of the night and forgetting them. :pac:
    I will be more than likely not be drinking so I don't mind keeping the aule eye on them. Anyone bringing camera gear can also leave it in my...erm....care.

oooohhh I heart Anseo....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭rameire

Sorry a change of plans, but I wont be able to make the launch...got some work on for the whole of next week...(Yipeee!:D). Can some one get my copy for me?

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 thelastdj

should be able to make it:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Tech Overhaul

rameire wrote: »
    Sorry a change of plans, but I wont be able to make the launch...got some work on for the whole of next week...(Yipeee!:D). Can some one get my copy for me?

I'm 90% sure I'm going up. I could collect it for you. (If you're still in Athy?)

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

I'll be there.

Can I just remind you all to bring a pen if you all want my peoples autograph! :P

The books have landed on my door step. All 69kg of books ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

kensutz wrote: »

Great news Ken, well done to the whole team who made this happen and to those who took part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

dave66 wrote: »
    Great news Ken, well done to the whole team who made this happen and to those who took part.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Cool! Well done to all involved for putting the effort in! :)
    Looking forward to Saturday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭bohsfan

Yay!

<emits the 'designer gets a job back from the printer and everythings ok' phew!>

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Cant wait.... I had about 6 different pictures picked for my submission... all happy smiley colourful pics and at the very last second, I picked a really grim and grimey disturbing pic that I suddenly took a shine to! Not very christmassy though :)

Looking forward to saturday now!

DeV.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

As said before, that is my Toe Nail Trimming night and I have all the equipment ready with chainsaw blades sharpened and ready. This means I cannot make the launch this year.

Could someone who is also in DCC get my copies to Bethanne for me? I will then have to arrange to have them sent on to me.

Good luck for a successful launch.

Better pull out the party dress then :D

• Advertisement

bohsfan wrote: »
    Yay!

<emits the 'designer gets a job back from the printer and everythings ok' phew!>

Oh I know! So delighted to see them, that's one bit of less stress :o Onwards to the rest now!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

The books have landed on my door step. All 69kg of books
    .........thats a heavy burden to have :p:pac: (I'll get me coat)

Could someone pick up my book, I'm available in the South/SouthEast, I'll pm you for delivery.

Following on from a conversation on Twitter:

Some drinks and nibbles will be provided on the night but feel free to bring any yummy stuff you have too!

See you all in 3 (!!!!!!!) days!!!! Woooooh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Really looking forward to Saturday night. Thanks to all who have organised this years event.

If anybody in Cork/ Cork direction wants me to pick up their copy, I'll be in Cork city next wednesday, thursday & friday. I can meet up and pass them across.

So, is it 8 o'C then? Peoples meeting for a beer beforehand?

8 o'clock for things to kick off we hope. There will be the usual chat beforehand for people to meet each other etc. I will be arriving late as I'm working in Lansdowne Road :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

sNarah wrote: »
    Following on from a conversation on Twitter:

Some drinks and nibbles will be provided on the night but feel free to bring any yummy stuff you have too!

Any Bulmers this year?
    if not make sure you have ice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

Any Bulmers this year?
    if not make sure you have ice!

I'd forgotten how easy it was to buy your approval :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

Recovering from some bug. So will only be stopping by very briefly to pick up Jemmy's and my books. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Are people meeting at DCC at 8 or is anyone hooking up beforehand? Anseo is next door

• Advertisement
Advertisement