Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[BPB] Boards Photobook 2010 - Book Launch

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Does anyone know what time DCC will be open tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

kensutz wrote: »
    Does anyone know what time DCC will be open tomorrow?

The Gallery is open from 11 to 5. But Will (SinisterDexter) has the key for the night and has arranged with sNarah when to meet before the launch...

That's grand. I'll be dropping off the books in the afternoon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

If at all possible im hoping to collect mine around 7 or 7.30pm. As mentioned in an earlier post i have a long dive ahead of me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Can I humbly suggest Devitts for drinkies?? Down that way a lot, and anyone from DCC will tell you its a) the best pub in the area, b) the only pub where we'll get seats, and c) the only pub where we'll be able to hear ourselves think. I love anseo too, but it's a bit too packed and way too small for a rake-load of people to be descending on.

Oh, and I'll be there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

sineadw wrote: »
    Can I humbly suggest Devitts for drinkies?? Down that way a lot, and anyone from DCC will tell you its a) the best pub in the area, b) the only pub where we'll get seats, and c) the only pub where we'll be able to hear ourselves think. I love anseo too, but it's a bit too packed and way too small for a rake-load of people to be descending on.

Oh, and I'll be there :)
    I second Devitts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Devitts it is so.

Myself and Will and probably a few other will be at DCC from 6.30 onbwards setting up. Apparently there's a secret knock and you shall be let in.

Ice. Done and done. Well, I say that now. If I don't forget, it's done and done.

Drinks before: me not. Drinks after: Oh yeah.

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel around DCC by the way?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

The Camden Court hotel is next to the Bleedin Horse. Has parking too. There's also the Albany House on Harcourt Street. No parking but it's a nice hotel for cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Looking forward to this, see ye all this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

I'll try to make it in early to dcc, if I get finished up with writing:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Your sig needs updating. last years book was ****! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Woop woop!! Looking forward to it now :) If you guys need anything brought just shout! Do you need plastic glasses or anything like that? OR booze of course?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭bravo

Have a great night guys, unfortunately can't make it, and thanks Ken for sorting out my copy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Anybody meeting up for a pint before the book launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

Busy saying it on Twitter all week and I forgot to say it here.

If you are not going to be there tonight and want your book signed by those that are then shoot me, sNarah or Kensutz a mail. Better yet mail the person who is picking up your copy.

I will do my best to get them signed.

PPL on the list:

Xia
    Nonsequitir
    Trish78w

• Advertisement

The books will be arriving around 8:30 tonight so apologies in advance if people are hanging around. Just have an extra drink in the pub if ye fancy :-) Makes the signatures all the more illegible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Tech Overhaul

:( Sorry all, Not going to be able to make it tonight as my car is making funny noises and I couldn't get a mechanic until Monday! Best of luck to everybody. Thanks to Toe_Knee, who offered to collect my books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

I was only able to stay until the books showed up.:(

If anyone wants my autograph for their collection, let me know and when I am well again I will gladly meet if I can.:)

Get well soon! And yes, wouldn't mind getting your autograph :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Well done to all involved, great evening at DCC!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

Great launch, many thanks to the team that made it all possible. Great meeting people tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Super evening, nice to meet so many for first time. Well done to everyone involved in putting this all together. Everyone at the launch were so friendly and happy.
    Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭okmqaz42

It was a pleasure to meet you all this evening. Congratulations to everyone involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

I would just like to say thank you to everyone involved in the book and in the launch party. From the looks of it a lot of time and energy went in to it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

Id like to say thanks to everyone involved in the book, it turned out great and it was lovely to meet all the people and put a face to the names I see so often here :)
    Everyone was so friendly and it was lovely to take part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Thanks to all who put the work in this year. Had a good night. I realised when I got home that the reason my photo was darker than I remembered was because I submitted the wrong version of it! ><

Couple of pics I took of tonight. Most of them didn't come out. Need to learn to use my new cam.

The Photobook
    BDBCBB118F8741D18F5C230321EBCCF9-0000328695-0002040107-00800L-8ED045BE6B554A6EBCF67DF2D4D28C84.jpg

sNarah Handing Over The Initial Proceeds to DeVore
    5BFA33062FA54632AFDF226F9C467B68-0000328695-0002040106-00800L-7E26E3A7EB874764A7EB1B29B5A0E46C.jpg

Animalrights Has A Fan!
    B5C35B83937B4E2283741DFDE54EADCE-0000328695-0002040105-00800L-02633CE1494445C2BD4285C80B6B7407.jpg

My Submission
    6B71C688EABF4D86B20104E76E50754B-0000328695-0002040104-00800L-E6B8908D742D4D20BDB8A4D21ECB7627.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Thanks a lot to all involved. Cannot wait for daylight to see the book, but so far, the print quality seems a bit better than the previous years.

And here are two snapshots from yesterday:

cd7bc23792f84edebd65d673999cccba_7.jpg8dcc3d912b204806b1a800126e18d12f_7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Great night all. Again huge thanks to all involved the book is excellent. Sorry I didn't hang around longer but I was double booked last night!

Echoing what was said above - a really great night and a fantastic book :) Looking through it and seeing signatures and trying to remember the face!

Thank you for everything :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Cork_girl wrote: »
    Echoing what was said above - a really great night and a fantastic book :) Looking through it and seeing signatures and trying to remember the face!

Thank you for everything :)

Did you get Harry's autograph?

Great night last night, really enjoyed myself!

• Advertisement

Did you get Harry's autograph?

Great night last night, really enjoyed myself!

No.. the one that got away ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

If at all possible im hoping to collect mine around 7 or 7.30pm. As mentioned in an earlier post i have a long dive ahead of me :D

I think i got mixed up somewhere along this thread thinking the booking might have been available a bit earlier in the evening.

So if somebody was able to help get my book posted to Portlaoise it would be fantastic. I'll sort out postage cost via paypal.

(that was me at the door chatting to SinisterDexter around 7-7.15pm just as ThOnda was arriving - although I know neither recognised me! Unfortunately I couldn't stay any later)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 muineach_bro

Thank you to all involved in the producing of this book, our family are so delighted that Derek was part of this, it is a beautiful book with some amazing photos, the dedication was lovely, he would of loved to of browsed through it, thank you all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 f.54

xia wrote: »
    There should be enough on street parking and at that time it's free. It's both residential and business there so I never worried about my car there.
    Maybe have a look at street view to get familiar with that area? A few one way streets there but having a passenger will help even more finding your way.

Be very careful around th
    at area most of the sidestreets are 24 hour parking fee and the clampers are always around. I know, I've been caught.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Huge thanks to everyone who made this happen!! Terrific work and a great way to kick things off this year...

Attached is the pic of the young lad I was talking about last night, celebrating with the Wii remote :)

DeV.

f.54 wrote: »
    Be very careful around th
    at area most of the sidestreets are 24 hour parking fee and the clampers are always around. I know, I've been caught.

Not sure where exactly you parked when clamped. But I'm in DublinCameraClub (DCC) basically every week by car and always just see free parking after 7pm...

Just a quick one, what link can I attach to my signature and send to people I know to encourage them to buy the book?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Working on that bit - t is a bit of a problem :(. Will post details as soon as we've worked something out ...

And I thought you could do everything... ;)

04351117FC8C4097BA32216D4D1BF36B-0000318206-0002042512-00612L-AE717C95C8E24FE8B088DA73CF446EC3.jpg

Thanks a million for all your time and effort.

• Advertisement
Advertisement