Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus at the top of charlesland

Options
  • 25-10-2010 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Does anyone know what the story is with that bus at the top of charlesland?

It's really starting to get at me, apart from the fact that it's dangerously parked and an unsightly view but I think there might be someone living in it.

I'm pretty sure after watching it park tonight that noone got out of it and all the lights inside of it turned off.

I've also noted that's there no company name of phone numbers on it which suggest it's privately owned and all the windows are significantly tinted suggesting excessive amounts of privacy for a bus.

I dunno if I'm overly comfortable if there is someone living in it, any other views?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭FunnyStuff

I actually know of two guys who do something like this, they own a large van which they travel to work all around the country in. Sleep in it during the week then go home at the weekends, saves them on paying for B&B's or hotels. If its someone doing something like this i dont see any harm in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

I don't know how I feel about someone living I a bus in the estate but I am pissed off at the pus being parked outside my block of apartments blocking half the road and blocking half the entrance to the south end of the crescent

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭caji

Is it not the feeder bus to the dart ??

No it's not, that's a branded Tony Doyle coach

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

There used to be a bus parked outside the Montrose hotel in which a guy lived in for over a year. I wonder has he moved to Charlesland now ?
    Does he drive off everyday as if he is using it to go to work in also ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I've also noted that's there no company name of phone numbers on it which suggest it's privately owned and all the windows are significantly tinted suggesting excessive amounts of privacy for a bus.

I dunno if I'm overly comfortable if there is someone living in it, any other views?

I've passed it a couple of times (yes, it is parked an a fairly dangerous spot) and it's a reasonably new-looking coach, so I doubt that anybody would be living in it. It wouldn't be that much more expensive to just buy a house...

As far as I know, there should be some details (name and address of the owner) printed in small lettering on the nearside (somewhere between the front wheel-arch and the passenger door).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

I noticed that the other day, but presumed it was the Tony Doyle coach.
    If it's just a random person parking a bus at night, you would have to wonder why they are choosing this spot to sleep.
    Are you sure they are not coming out of the bus?
    It's a bit strange, if it continues I'd do some research maybe with the reg, if not just ask the driver outright what he's up to.

Sounds like a good idea. Let us know how you get on.... Don't want to see the place being used as a camp site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Well actually that was a suggestion for the OP! :) I'm not close to the cresent..

Ill Have a look into it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

I just walked by. It doesn't look like anyone's living in it. It's a 2009 Galway reg and looks like a private hire coach. There is the name of a company, Esker Coach and Bus, on the front, but I think that's the name of the coach dealer rather than the owner of this coach.

Just Googling the reg, I found the owner (a Galway coach hire company). If anyone wants it, PM me. It's a ridiculous place to park a bus, but just like the parking wardens on the main street, I'm willing to give them a little grace period before kicking up about it. :)

If it's a danger then contact the mgt co. I think they had something in the newsletter about parking....

Now there's a different coach parked there. Saw the shuttle bus squeeze past it very carefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    There used to be a bus parked outside the Montrose hotel in which a guy lived in for over a year. I wonder has he moved to Charlesland now ?
    Does he drive off everyday as if he is using it to go to work in also ?

The Montrose crew are still there in a white/green ex-Sheffield Optare delta ~ the blue coach must have served them well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

Just Googling the reg, I found the owner (a Galway coach hire company). If anyone wants it, PM me. It's a ridiculous place to park a bus, but just like the parking wardens on the main street, I'm willing to give them a little grace period before kicking up about it. :)

Behind the front left wheel there should legally be displayed the owners address on the panel.

Advertisement