Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spinal Tap Appreciation Thread

Options
  • 25-10-2010 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

Formed in the late 60's at the height of the battle between the Beatles and the Rolling Stones, Spinal Tap are often the forgotten band in-between, another British masterpiece and a band who, unlike Sabbath after them, less successfully introduced metal and hard rock into the popular imagination. One of the only bands the Simpson's has ever managed to truly immortalize without embarrassment or fear of reprisal through the courts.

sharksandwich0gy.jpg&t=1

My favourite album has always been 1980's 'Shark Sandwich' because of the hit 'Sex Farm' but there are a number of favourites, 1970's 'Brain Hammer' and 1976's 'Bent For The Rent' springing to mind with the drumming of Peter Bond...who then sadly spontaneously combusted...

For me, this band truly rejuvenated Rock and Roll and made it relevant again, their 2009 Glastonbury performance proved they could finally put that film behind them and continue with their legacy intact

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

My favourite album has always been 1980's 'Shark Sandwich'

...or 'Sh1t Sandwich' as it was called in one review :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Love the film but tbh i've never really liked their musical output.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Den_M wrote: »
    ...or 'Sh1t Sandwich' as it was called in one review :pac:

I don't really think that show's too much imagination to be honest. Spinal Tap were innovators and the person who wrote that review obviously couldn't see that behind their nervous exterior and shameless ways, behind their inability to find the stage, even behind their failure to give proper guidelines and measurements for constructing stage props....behind all that, there was a genius

I think there still is....

Advertisement