Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do thankers on boards discriminate due to posters looks?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Dudess wrote:
    The thanks is not a thumbs-up for going to the effort of posting a picture, it's an "I would like to have sex with you".

Why didn't you thank any of my pics? WAHHHHHH
    SugarHigh wrote: »
    What I don't get is the posters who only ever post in those threads. It's like they don't have any opinions and all they have to offer boards is their picture.

This is true, I have noticed a number of these people!

I generally don't thank pics unless I know the poster or there is something funny or interesting about the photo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

gurramok wrote: »
    Absolute fekkers :) Yeh, i've been PM'ed to put my pic up after challenging the AH status of other posters, damn ye!

Will you thank me now? :)

Nope... it's still ghey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Absolute fekkers :) Yeh, i've been PM'ed to put my pic up after challenging the AH status of other posters, damn ye!

Will you thank me now? :)

Done!
    Fair play for not making up excuses:D

So, this whole thread was actually a ruse for the OP to guarantee that his pic would actually get thanks when he put it up in KYN.

"I want to be thanked like all the other pretty girls"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

OP, PM your picture and I'll post it up as my own. I'll pass on any sexeh PMs that I receive, honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Nothin a bit of photoshop cant fix.

A bulge the size of a ships bow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

So, this whole thread was actually a ruse for the OP to guarantee that his pic would actually get thanks when he put it up in KYN.

"I want to be thanked like all the other pretty girls"

Jayzus, i've walked into this one! I blame the beer for my erroneous ways!
    Kinetic^ wrote: »
    OP, PM your picture and I'll post it up as my own. I'll pass on any sexeh PMs that I receive, honest.

You see me now Kinetic, thanks for the compliment. Hope all ze wimmin are watching and drooling :p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Teutorix wrote: »
    This thread reeks of jealousy tbh.

and that thread smells of whoring! Stalkers heaven really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I've a fair few thanks in that thread... am I a woman? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

brummytom wrote: »

that'd be a few of the lads in a prison somewhere. fresh meat and all that. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭Kasabian

There's a lot of blokes in weird helmets on that thread.

Twee on page 131 is seriously hot though. ;)

I think she may have been at my daughters 21st.

I may have noticed though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Ok, why does this girl get maximum thanks? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68224952&postcount=1935

And this girl http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68311228&postcount=1938

And this one http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68558316&postcount=1953

This thread is outrageous http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054892994&page=47

Blokes go to as far as they can to make themsleves cool and yet female posters post yet another pic and they get 4 times as much as thanks, like wtf!
    I dunno about the first girl, but I know both Twee. and Flojo, and those pics dont do them justice tbh...do you see why they got loads of thanks now?

If I ever post any pic, like many of us here on Boards it wont be to claim thanks for looks, but more situational photos of good times and interesting stuff. Thread does reek of jealousy as mentioned earlier...if you're so concerned with that thread then dont bother looking in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Interesting thread OP and its an observation thats been made a few times around here. So why do photos of women attract more thanks than those of men? There are a few reasons for this. I would hazard a guess that somewhere between 60% to 90% of posters are male on the entire board. The majority of these are heterosexual presumably and therefore are going to find the pictures of the pretty girls appealing. What motivates people to thank these pictures I don't know other than the feeling that "OMG, I think shes hot I'll let her know I think that!". Sometimes its less benign than that though and some posters treat boards.ie as a pseudo dating site. I remember a thread on here where various invariably female posters were discussing how they were getting PMs from fellas seeking to hook up.

So its a combination of factors that is the reason the ladies get more thanks.

One thing i will guarantee though is that the women at the end of the KYN thread will have their profiles viewed an awful lot more thanks to your thread!

I dunno about the first girl, but I know both Twee. and Flojo, and those pics dont do them justice tbh...

:eek:

What I don't get is the posters who only ever post in those threads. It's like they don't have any opinions and all they have to offer boards is their picture.

There is one girl in particular that just seems to have her mug plastered all over the thread and the lookalikes thread, tbh it looks needy. Never seen a post from her other than there.

• Advertisement

brummytom wrote: »

They are pity thanks.

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

Kasabian wrote: »
    They are pity thanks.

there are also sexy men and homos :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

They are pity thanks.

I wish I could disagree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

There is one girl in particular that just seems to have her mug plastered all over the thread and the lookalikes thread, tbh it looks needy. Never seen a post from her other than there.
    That girl is crazy hot though.:D

I dunno about the first girl, but I know both Twee. and Flojo, and those pics dont do them justice tbh...do you see why they got loads of thanks now?

If I ever post any pic, like many of us here on Boards it wont be to claim thanks for looks, but more situational photos of good times and interesting stuff. Thread does reek of jealousy as mentioned earlier...if you're so concerned with that thread then dont bother looking in it.

Speaking of situational, this bloke does good in pose http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054892994&page=47

But he a rarity, the females have posted many a times in that thread as if its a catwalk and they still get thanks for nothing inspirational, unreal!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

They are pity thanks.

I don't think they are. A woman is more likely to compliment an average looking bloke than someone they perceive to be better looking than themself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

New thread idea: "Why do people ask questions they already know the answer to?"

Long live the pics of pretty girls I say! :cool:

Gurramok....

Gurramok.....

Can you do the fandango?

Gurramok....

Gurramok.....

Can you do the fandango?

I can.

Why haven't you thanked my pic, you can thank it without catching the ghey!:)

Actually, where is your pic?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Ya. Definately all about the sexiness. I posted this pic because I was certain I would be inundated with offers for sex. I got thanks so I must be hot

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63196948&postcount=1546

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/194344/97247.jpg

I'd say its the Cary Grant like suave look that does it. Or the ears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Gurramok....

Gurramok.....

Can you do the fandango?

Not so much a thanks as a gurramockagut though.

Speaking of situational, this bloke does good in pose http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054892994&page=47

But he a rarity, the females have posted many a times in that thread as if its a catwalk and they still get thanks for nothing inspirational, unreal!

Is it really that hard to comprehend? Pretty people get more attention, it's how the world works, and pretty women get the most.

Whether or not you see it as fair is beside the point, you can't change human behaviour!

WindSock wrote: »

That's a bit below lot above the belt. :p

WindSock wrote: »

Leave out the c in my name! :mad: :)
    Is it really that hard to comprehend? Pretty people get more attention, it's how the world works, and pretty women get the most.

Whether or not you see it as fair is beside the point, you can't change human behaviour!

Yeh thats life. Why was there 6 thankers to my pic and then 5, who da feck unthanked me, I ain't that ugly? :D

That girl is crazy hot though.:D

I get a different vibe from her ;)

• Advertisement

Leave out the c in my name! :mad: :)

Yeh thats life. Why was there 6 thankers to my pic and then 5, who da feck unthanked me, I ain't that ugly? :D

They didn't unthank you because you are ugly, it's because you are whiney. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yeah, OP, you're taking it a bit personally, as if it's a deliberate ploy - it's not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

Look at this page of the thread. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054892994&page=49

A few girls post pics of themselves a few times and yet get a tonne of thanks. A few newbie pics of males get feck all thanks, thats discrimination against the male species! :pac:

Heres my explanation. Dont be hating.

The girls on that thread were hot. The guys were not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

[insert hating here]

Dudess wrote: »
    Yeah, OP, you're taking it a bit personally, as if it's a deliberate ploy - it's not.

Haha not. Its one of my many observations!
    Heres my explanation. Dont be hating.

The girls on that thread were hot. The guys were not.

Have you caught the ghey? What about thanking pics on merit instead of ogling them?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Dr. Zeus

Sounds like you are developing a complex over this:D

Of course guys will thank hot girls, that's the way of the world, but girls will also thank girls pictures where guys won't for fear of it being gay.

If you are really concerned post your pic on hotornot.com:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Mirror mirror on the wall,
    Who's the fairest of them all?
    The mirror laughed and gave a grunt,
    It ain't you, you ugly cunt!

PM Sent regarding the plot against certain OP's of certain threads including this one...>_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

What about thanking pics on merit instead of ogling them?:confused:
    What other merits could they have, in fairness? There aren't going to be that many brilliant works of photography - and even if there were, it's how the person looks that would trump all. Just the way things go.

• Advertisement

Also, just looked at your Pic OP, you say you are on the left in the picture? Well, do you expect millions of thanks for being the slightly creepy guy who wears dark clothes and sneaks into a picture? :P

Haha not. Its one of my many observations!

Have you caught the ghey? What about thanking pics on merit instead of ogling them?:confused:

Well merit = looks, right. Or do we expect thanks for weird expressions, or a funny poise. Well maybe. Buts is mostly looks.

Anyway, this was the most thanked post on the page you linked to and its that very average guy who played Gimli, John Rhys-Davies.

People are just not as shallow as you think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Well merit = looks, right. Or do we expect thanks for weird expressions, or a funny poise. Well maybe. Buts is mostly looks.

Anyway, this was the most thanked post on the page you linked to and its that very average guy who played Gimli, John Rhys-Davies.

People are just not as shallow as you think.
    I think you're missing the fact that Lolnouska is fúcking sexual!

OisinT wrote: »

oh yeah. she was there too. I was overcome by gimli's beauty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Have you tried posting a picture of yourself next to a pile of money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Any thoughts? :)

Well, I'll pass a taxi depending on the driver's [colour] first, then pick the best car. I used to just pick the best car.

And in contrast to other popular myths, women don't like oily bare breasted men [hen nights aside], don't appreciate the black's appendage advantage, don't prefer giant dildos, don't prefer the macho male [but as he's usually the only one to make an advance, ... need I go on...] and don't like attractive men!

• Advertisement

OisinT wrote: »

I think it's more to do with Gimli, it's not everyday you meet a legend from middle earth unless your from Longford.

ScumLord wrote: »

Or, besides a rich car, a huge house and a rented model on my arm. Thats what I do on dating sites. ( With the ex, at the small holiday home, I caption).

Also, just looked at your Pic OP, you say you are on the left in the picture? Well, do you expect millions of thanks for being the slightly creepy guy who wears dark clothes and sneaks into a picture? :P

Huh? I'm the bloke in the blue!!
    ScumLord wrote: »

Gimme the lotto winnings and then i'll post a pic:) Where's your pic btw?
    What other merits could they have, in fairness? There aren't going to be that many brilliant works of photography - and even if there were, it's how the person looks that would trump all. Just the way things go.

What about boardsie meritness instead of judgement on female good looks? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

We haven't seen one of yoou in that thread :mad:

Nulty wrote: »
    We haven't seen one of yoou in that thread :mad:

Corkonians are frightful creatures to look at.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement