Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to remember the name of a band

Options
  • 25-10-2010 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭

They were around in the 90s and 00s, I remember them being on MTV Europe a lot and playing the various festivals around Europe. I think they may have been Portuguese and they had a cello player. They were a kind of folk-fusion type music and were very popular. They had a short name, maybe only three letters but I'm not sure.

It's driving me mental so if anyone has any suggestions please help! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭gavitron22

....apocolyptica?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

No but I see where you're coming from given that the only thing I can think of is cellos. They were a three-piece maybe and on the fringe of the alternative scene, had a name with a number maybe, a backwards 3 springs to mind.

Thanks all the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Choochtown

"3 Mustaphas 3" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,057 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Unfortunately no, but Melo-M seem very cool. The band I'm thinking of used to play the Rock am Ring festivals and maybe were on the John Kenny view show a few times. They were quite big. Sorry for the vagueness, this has been driving me nuts :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Timbuk3?

I used the music map tool that someone just posted in the above "relaxing music" thread and I found the band I was looking for. It was dEUS. Not sure why I thought backwards 3 (I think they used to have it on posters) or cellos, strange how the mind works. Thanks for the replies though :)

Advertisement