Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving box open after meter reading.

Options
  • 25-10-2010 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

This infuriates me, whenever someone comes out to read my meter they leave the box open, is it that hard to close it? If they can take their key out to open it then surely they can close it too

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi cc-offe,

I'm sorry to hear that this keeps happening; queries or complaints in relation to meter readers are to be directed to ESB Networks. They serve all electricity customers irrespective of supplier, and are responsible for the operation and maintenance of the grid, including meter readings.

They can be contacted at 1850 372 757 (Mon - Sat, 8am - 8pm), or emailed at esbnetworks@esb.ie. I would recommend you call customer service and request that a query/complaint be logged to the relevant local office, who would employ the meter reader in question.

It's important that your meter is protected from the elements, so I can appreciate your frustration. Just for your own information, if you ever need to submit a reading yourself prior to the release of a bill, you can ring 1850 33 77 77, or do so here.

Thanks,

David.

Hi again cc-offe,

If you like, we could send you out a meter key if you don't already have one. That way, if it happens again (though I trust that will be rectified by Networks) it will be a simple enough procedure to close it again. Just PM me your address if you'd like one.

Thanks,

David.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 WARPIG

I am having the same problem, is there anyway you could send a key out to me also?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Hi again cc-offe,

If you like, we could send you out a meter key if you don't already have one. That way, if it happens again (though I trust that will be rectified by Networks) it will be a simple enough procedure to close it again. Just PM me your address if you'd like one.

Thanks,

David.

I have the reverse problem, the nice ESB-networks guy always closes it, so I can never do readings myself, they only come around 3/4 times a year.

WARPIG wrote:
    I am having the same problem, is there anyway you could send a key out to me also?

No problem WARPIG, just PM me your account details.
    I have the reverse problem, the nice ESB-networks guy always closes it, so I can never do readings myself, they only come around 3/4 times a year.

Sounds like you could do with a meter key as well Gerard; let me know if you'd like me to send one out.

Thanks,

David.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's worth noting that you can also get a meter key at any hardware shop. Think mine cost me €1.

Advertisement