Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Douglas - Tesco - free parking?

Options
  • 25-10-2010 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

is parking in Tesco still free for 3 hours in Douglas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Yup, but after 3 hours, the parking Nazi they've employed with a high vis jacket and a radio does the rounds looking for cars to clamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Are they better organised that the guys who patrol the car park in Douglas Court? I went there one morning a few months back to get a few things. Had to go back again about 5 hours later to pick up something else and when I came out there was a sticker plastered on my car warning me not to park here for more than a few hours or I will be clamped next time even though I was parked in a completely different section.

Bad luck I guess to be caught out like that but I mentioned it at the security desk anyway that there is a flaw in their system.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Ludo wrote: »
    Are they better organised that the guys who patrol the car park in Douglas Court? I went there one morning a few months back to get a few things. Had to go back again about 5 hours later to pick up something else and when I came out there was a sticker plastered on my car warning me not to park here for more than a few hours or I will be clamped next time even though I was parked in a completely different section.

Bad luck I guess to be caught out like that but I mentioned it at the security desk anyway that there is a flaw in their system.

I always wondered that myself, all they do is take down license plate numbers, they have no idea if that car leaves and comes back later, so to them it might seem like you've been parked in the car park for 8 hours, when infact it was 10 minutes in the morning and 10 in the evening.
    What did they say at the desk when you pointed it out?

And yes, in tesco carpark they have carpark sensors and lights above the spaces. Green if the space is free, red if it's taken and blue if you've been there longer than 3 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

They said "ah sure not to worry, you weren't clamped and if you ever are, just come in here and explain it and we will unlock it". Seemed fair enough but wouldn't like it to happen as there maybe a different story from the actual clampers.

Advertisement