Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to paint fresh external plater??

• 25-10-2010 11:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,just wondering whats the best way to paint fresh external platstered walls?

Can I just put white masonary paint straight on,once the plaster has dried out,or do I need to treat the plastered wall with some watered down paint/pva type solution 1st?

Thanks.:)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

paint the masonry straight on once the walls have dried,dont thin it.i wouldnt give it the final coat until your plints are plastered and your footpaths laid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭builditwell

exactly, as michael has said it dont thin the paint at all, paint onto the dried surface coating it well and allowing good time to dry between coats.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

The plaster finish is a smooth finish,so how may coats of paint should I be giving the walls/plaster?

Thanks.:)

Advertisement