Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 5530 problem

Options
  • 25-10-2010 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

I have a nokia 5530 I bought on meteor last christmas. It was in for repair around a month ago as it was turning off when making or receiving calls. It was fixed but has now started doing it again and its annoying. It took 3 weeks last time in the repair centre and I need it sooner than that, is there anything I can do? It was supposed to be fixed. Does anyone know if I can just get a new one from meteor or get my money back and buy a new phone? I am going to go to the repair centre tomorrow and see what can be done. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

All repairs should be permanent, argue your case, that you want a refund or replacement under consumer law.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

Davy wrote: »
    All repairs should be permanent, argue your case, that you want a refund or replacement under consumer law.

The repair was free as its under warantee, so I don't have much to go on there. Its a pain though as it took three weeks last time and I need the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Paddy001 wrote: »
    The repair was free as its under warantee, so I don't have much to go on there.

Why not?

It doesn't matter if you paid for it, or if its was under warranty, law says they should be permanent

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

Davy wrote: »
    Why not?

It doesn't matter if you paid for it, or if its was under warranty, law says they should be permanent

The last repair was just a software update he couldnt find anything physically wrong, so now its being sent off for repair, I guess I'll see how that goes

Advertisement