Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Moved:Classic Cars] Another classic car insurance question

Options
  • 26-10-2010 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Being an 18 year old and trying to get around this no under 25s rule to get insurance for a classic car is tough, but is getting classic insurance a necessity or can i just get "normal" insurance on my near 40 year old car? of course at a much higher price, the price of the insurance not being the problem, only the getting it! Also does anybody know the conditions for insuring a classic car under fleet insurance? a friend of mine got around the under no 25s rule with fleet insurance, of course with another 3 cars in the drive and a decent company to his dads name..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Hi takeyotime

And welcome to boards :)

Your question has been asked and answered many times here in the classic cars forum. Do a search and read the charter for some tips and hints.

The short and maybe unhelpful answer is that you probably don't have much of a chance to insure your car as a classic car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Welcome to boards.A lot of people insure a classic as their full-time car. Your biggest problem (apart from price) is that many companies wont insure cars over a certain age.You can forget about Quinn-direct for starters as they wont insure anything over 20 years old, not even temporarily.As well as ringing around the insurance companies try calling a few brokers as well, they might have more info and these days would probably be delighted to hear the phone ringing.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jolyame

bonjour, j 'ai une MX5 MK1 1993 depuis 2016 avec assurance A600 euros chez OCTANE FILIALE ZENITH PLC.Maintenant pour le renouvellement ils me demandent 2447 euros pour assurance 2017 ,soit-disant ato vieille .Ma question ,avez-vous des adresses assurances classic qui ne cherchent pas de prétextes en tout genres pour vous refusez l 'assurance?.....................................................................hello, I have a 1993 MX5 MK1 from 2016 euros in insurance A600 euros OCTANE SUBSIDIARY ZENITH PLC.Maintenant for renewal they ask me 2447 euros for 2017 insurance, supposedly old .My ato issue, do you have classic insurance Address who do not seek pretexts of all kinds for you refuse insurance?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement