Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing? Oct/Nov Edition

Options
  • 26-10-2010 1:46am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Seeing as it's the busy time of year for gaming, I thought it would be a good idea to start this up again :D

The last few weeks I've been playing

F1 2010 (PC)
    Civilization V (PC)
    Dead Rising 2 (360 and PC)
    Kirby's Seriously Epic Yarn (Wii)
    a bit of The Sims 3 (PC)
    and now Fallout New Vegas (PC) and Super Meat Boy (360)

What about you?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Medal Of Honor (PS3)
    it sucks
    Dead Rising 2 (PS3)
    GTA Chinatown Wars (iPad)
    Peggle :D (DS)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Dead Rising 2 took up a lot of my spare time recently, but now New Vegas will top that. It's an awesome game that just sucks you in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Finished a playthrough of Fable II & i'm playing Assassins Creed II now.Playing a bit of FIFA 11 but the bugs &Glitches are very annoying.I'm getting Fable III the weekend can't wait to play that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Playing Abe's exoddus on my laptop..... unbelievable game, sucked into it, played 17 hours in the last 3 days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Just Contribute

Fifa 10. I'm hoping to Platinum it before Christmas, when I'm getting Fifa 11.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I'm pretty much entrenched in New Vegas right now. I'm also playing Dead Rising 2 on PS3.

I need to hopefully get back into Darksider on PS3 and finish off Condemned on the 360.

Although with Football Manager 2011 out next week i doubt i'll get much done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Last Window on the DS... sequel to Hotel Dusk.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Vanquish - just finished on normal, now onto hard :) Well done Platinum, two best games of the year.

Rock Band 2 - catching up before RB3

Costume Quest / Super Meat Boy - two fine downloadables.

DQ IX - still!

Yakuza 3 - been playing since February, nearly done!

Also have Infinite Space to play, will hopefully keep me going through many train rides!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

right now im stuck in new vegas but have also started up kotor again :confused: damn ive a massive backlog :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Costume Quest - X360
    Puzzle Quest - X360
    Game Dev Story - Ipod

I'll be getting Fable 3 on Friday and also have alot of xbla games to go through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

For the first time in ages I've been left with nothing to play!
    I was under the impression that the Borderlands free patch was getting released last Friday, but turns out it didn't...
    Finished Castlevania last night and will return that, and returned Medal of Honor yesterday so I'm stuck waiting for my Rock Band 3 + keyboard pre order to arrive along with my next two rentals.

/edit
    RDR Undead Nightmares queued up to download after work and RB2 on the way to me in the post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

FIFA 11
    Super StreetFighter IV
    F1 2010
    MW2 online

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Finishing Enslaved (2nd playthrough on Hard) - one of my favourites of the year. Just one chapter to go.
    Playing Super Meat Boy in 15 minute bursts - any more would result in a broken controller or broken TV!

My local xtravision didn't have Vanquish to rent, so Castlevania is next.

Playing Bit Trip Beat, Cut The Rope (just 10 more for 3 stars on all levels) and Trainyard (genius puzzle game) on the ipod.

PS3 and Wii are gathering dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

FIFA 11 is taking up the majority of my time at the moment.

Counter Strike is getting some love as is Left 4 Dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I think PES 2011 will keep me busy till Christmas.

I would have gotten LBP2 but that has been delayed till 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Fallout: New Vegas (PS3)
    FIFA 11 (PS3)

I reckon it's going to take me a good few months to get through Fallout fully. Still have to start the new DeathSpank and play through Demons Souls aswell. Wish I had more time :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Civilization V
    Fallout 3 NV
    FM 2011 Demo

3 time sinks

Arma 2 for mp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

PS3
    Dead Rising 2
    Fifa 09

PC
    Half-Life
    Half-Life:Opposing Force
    Half-Life:Blue Shift
    Fallout New vegas
    Hitman Bloodmoney

Saw some of the Freeman's Mind videos recently and it made me want to revisit Black Mesa, so went and bought a Half-Life pack on Steam

I think it was boards I saw it on, but here is a link to the first video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J80KD4BG7M

• Registered Users Posts: 33,787 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Finished Assassins Creed 2 last week in anticipation for the new one.

Until Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 and the new WWE Smackdown games comes out this weekend, going through the DLC of GTA:IV again, with a bit of FIFA11 thrown in

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

PS3

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

God of War

Valkyria Chronicles

Dead Space

Fifa 11

I'm well behind the times!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

PC

Fallout New Vegas
    The Witcher Enhanced Edition
    STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Finishing Halo Reach this week, hopefully!!!

Then on to Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2, If I can get near the xbox since The Sims 3 is out and the girlfriend will be glued to it.

Have Dead Rising 2 to play too, no interest in getting stuck into that yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

Fallout 3
    Mass Effect 2
    Darksiders
    Halo: Reach
    Demon's Souls

:( So many games on the go...

I've been playing Mass Effect 2 since January! It's very episodic and not that challenging to it's easy to dip in and out. Fallout 3 I've restarted on PC. I accidentally erased my Xbox 360 saves so I never finished it. Playing through again before I buy New Vegas.

Demon's Souls I always play, Darksiders and Halo are both almost finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm mainly playing Fallout New Vegas (PC) and Fable 2 (360) at the moment.

I'm also occasionally going back to The Sims 3 (PC), Uncharted 2 (PS3), Star Wars Force Unleashed (PS3), Metro 2033 (PC), Lego Harry Potter (360) and Evil Genius (PC).

Plus, I just got Fallout 1 and 2 for PC, so I'll be getting stuck into them again soon.

I'm really going to have to put a limit on my gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Wossack

not gaming too much, but when I do, tis minecraft

toying with picking up dead rising 2 for pc, but still unsure on the port

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Snes:

Shin Megami Tensei (fan translation)
    Yoshi's Island

360:

Liberty City episodes

Everything is getting dropped on Friday for Deadly Premonition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Everything is getting dropped on Friday for Deadly Premonition.

Totaly forgot about this. Will be getting it with Fable 3 on Friday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've a feeling some places won't stock it so will be ringing around to see where it's available.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

On PC have just finished a complete (re)playthrough of Half Life all the way from HL1 to HL2:EP2 so that took up most of my available gaming time over the last month or more.

Since I had been sitting on Fallout 3 GOTY for about the last year of so, inspired by the release of Vegas, I have just started it this week so I am ten hours in, have absolutely nothing of note accomplished, and having a blast so far (Also added in the Bioshock 1+2 sound tracks into a custom mod radio station for when Galaxy New Radio is out of range, they actually suit the game very well, pretty much the exact same genre(s)).

On the 360 about halfway through Dead Space, playing it at the rate of about one chapter per week. This slow pace is mainly due to timesharing issues on the 32" TV with the other half (Contention rates are much lower on the PC :)).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

spendning the bulk of my time on Dead rising 2. Must have played through it 5 or 6 times already with about another 1 or 2 to play.

Will be getting back into Red Dead tonight once I download the new DLC

On the shelf to be mined for achievements are

Lego Batman
    Stranglehold
    Alan Wake
    RB6 Vegas 2

Not to mention the games I'm currently resisting buying.

Never enough time

Advertisement