Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing? Oct/Nov Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Benn playing Alan Wake, picked it up Pre owned and it has the dlc code in it not used, so will probably finish it off completely.
    Have too many games to get through, every time I pick up a new game, I forget about the rest!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Just started Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions last night. I'm also nit-picking at Darksiders, Afro Samurai, and Tomb Raider: Underworld for their last few achievements.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,313 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Finished everything in Arkham Asylum but the challenge modes. Fantastic game. They got all the best voice actors for it too.

Other than that, playing WoW as always; I'll probably try to slip back into Mass Effect. Tried Demigod but was underwhelmed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Fallout new vegas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

Just finished Batman: The Brave & The Bold and Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions on DS. Now back to the big systems.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is my game of choice at the moment. Have DJ Hero 2 and New Vegas to play. I don't want to think about this Friday, or at least my wallet doesn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Fallout New Vegas
    Demon's Souls
    Dead Space (got a bit sick of it :/)
    Killzone3 beta :D

Will be picking up:
    Fable III
    Black Ops
    Enslaved
    Vanquish
    Gran Tur.... Oh ****, nevermind...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I'm getting really into Fallout: New Vegas, so that's mainly all I am playing at the moment. I have been playing a bit of Medal of Honor on and off but not much . . .

Im still occasionally playing Team Fortress 2 - I reckon I will be playing it for lol's when the Halloween update is released. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

MW2 online (my guilty pleasure)
    Medal of Honor
    (rental though, wouldnt recommend to buy)
    Dead Space (only played this to chapter 6 when it came out so going to give it another bash)

Overheal wrote: »
    Finished everything in Arkham Asylum but the challenge modes. Fantastic game. They got all the best voice actors for it too.

Good luck with the challenge modes, some of the goals I found frustrating but the game was so enjoyable that they didn't irritate me :)

Current list...

PS3:
    Red Dead Redemption (to be honest, got this game just recently, so that I could play the Undead Redemption DLC, looks great)

God of War 2 (HD Collection)

Wii VC (Super Nintendo):
    Super Metroid (almost finished!)

PC
    Fallout 1

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

fasty wrote: »
    Fallout 3
    Mass Effect 2
    Darksiders
    Halo: Reach
    Demon's Souls

Finished Darksiders last night and worked my way to the last mission on Reach! Very (counter)productive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

FIFA 11 - mainly with friends; not pushed on Single player at the moment
    Plants vs Zombies
    Super Meat Boy
    Super Street Fighter 4 - for limited bursts until I get annoyed with losing :(

Meaning to play:
    Starcraft 2 - have it...but it's still sealed. It's yet another game you have to put a lot of time into to be decent unfortunately.

🤪

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Meaning to play:
    Starcraft 2 - have it...but it's still sealed. It's yet another game you have to put a lot of time into to be decent unfortunately.

Dude....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Way too much Civ 5 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

The main handheld games I'm playing are Star Ocean Second Evolution and Chrono Triggger. On my PS2, I'm mainly playing Yakuza 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,313 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Finished Arkham, moving on to Metro 2033 which looks like it could be alright, and i seem to be able to chew dx11.

Started playing Natural Selection as well. Not a bad game concept at all, even with some serious issues aside from being dated as hell. Hoping Nuclear Dawn will come out soon, but it looks like Q1 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Dipping into Super Meat Boy in betweeen Dragon Age: Origins for single player. Playing a bit of GOW2, have the third one just sitting there.. BFBC2 and Fifa 11mainly for multiplayer

Just downloaded Pinball FX2, and planning on putting some decent hours into it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Civilization V (PC) - still finding it not as engaging as CivIV.
    + Counter Strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

[All PC]
    F1 2010
    DiRt 2
    Live for Speed
    GTR Evolution
    Bad Company 2
    Modern Warefare 2

[Android]
    Angry Birds

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Left 4 Dead 1 - Play it online most nights on a modded server, still funny as shìt and I prefer it over the sequel in terms of comedy and characters. (Bill is my favourite :pac:)
    Call Of Duty 4 - Just wanted to play it again leading up to Black Ops, I liked this more than MW2.
    Need For Speed World - Played this for a short while until I realised you had to PAY for things such as nitros, upgrades, etc...........fùck off outta my hard drive!!
    Amnesia - Good game, not as scary as I hoped it would be but was still enjoyable.
    Super Nintendo - Revisting the classics :D

I'm on the fence as to whether I'll play Fallout: New Vegas or not, I didn't mind Fallout 3 but it just got so mind-numbingly boring in some parts. I'd leave it for a while, come back to play it and just get bored again. This coming from a guy who's poured 200+ hours into Oblivion :pac:

Mass Effect 2 (PC)
    Fallout 3 (PC)
    Metro 2033 (PC)
    Darksiders (360)
    Halo: Reach (360)
    Demon's Souls (PS3)
    Singularity (360)

I finished Halo: Reach on Heroic last night. The final section... Nonsense!

Then I started Singularity after that. It's excellent so far, like Bioshock in terms of atmosphere and style but with gunplay that doesn't feel awkward!

I also played some Demon's Souls. One of these days, I'll be able to kill the 4-1 boss! I refuse to look up an FAQ to see how, it seems to defeat the purpose of the game!

I'm also dipping in and out of Metro 2033. Finished it earlier in the year but trying out the ranger mode DLC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

This weekend, I will mostly be playing;

Super Meat Boy
    Rock Band 3
    Fable 3
    Halo Reach

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

tman wrote: »
    This weekend, I will mostly be playing;

Super Meat Boy
    Rock Band 3
    Fable 3
    Halo Reach

RB3 is out?

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

PC
    Civilization 5
    Fallout: New Vegas
    Bioshock 2
    Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut
    Left 4 Dead 2
    Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Xbox 360
    Super Street Fighter 4

PSP
    Valkyria Chronicles 2
    Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
    GTA: Chinatown Wars

Far too many games, far too little time to play em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

PC-Bioshock 2,civ 4,CoD4.

Hope to pick up civ 5 and Black ops in the next few weeks once my cash flow gets sorted

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

fasty wrote: »
    I also played some Demon's Souls. One of these days, I'll be able to kill the 4-1 boss! I refuse to look up an FAQ to see how, it seems to defeat the purpose of the game!

My tip: Don't do it alone. Went in with two blue phantom players and had an epic battle :) Best moment of the game other than rolling through 3-1 with 2 other blue phantom players. Really want another play through of that gaem, must get it back off my mate that foolishly won't try it.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    My tip: Don't do it alone. Went in with two blue phantom players and had an epic battle :) Best moment of the game other than rolling through 3-1 with 2 other blue phantom players. Really want another play through of that gaem, must get it back off my mate that foolishly won't try it.

I think I'll try that. I still haven't done much with the online features other than get slaughtered by invading Black Phantoms!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

First thing I do when going into a level is put down a stone for getting summoned. It's a good way to get extra souls and learn the level. Blue Phantoms help alot. They are usually much better players that you, well that's what I found :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

MW2
    Shank

Both on the PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

RB3 is out?

Rock Band 3 was released today,don't ask me the prices wouldn't have a Clue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I'm on the fence as to whether I'll play Fallout: New Vegas or not, I didn't mind Fallout 3 but it just got so mind-numbingly boring in some parts. I'd leave it for a while, come back to play it and just get bored again. This coming from a guy who's poured 200+ hours into Oblivion :pac:

Since I bought FNV I've played nothing else all week and have about 35hours+ clocked on it already. I don't think there's a better value for money game out there at the moment and its mind blowingly good ;)

Advertisement