Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Benny Lava

I was surprised there wasn't already a thread on this.

I'm a little disappointed with the tracklist, I've heard nearly all the songs already. It's an odd move to release a song every Friday, use a few of them on the album and later have a movie which features nearly all the songs on the album. That's not to say the songs aren't good, but it's always nice to have a few unheard tracks when you get an album.

As for the tracks themselves, So Appalled is my favourite. Monster, Dark Fantasy and Runaway are good as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

This album should be great, I really dug every snippet on the Runaway movie.
    All Of The Lights is going to be absolutely HUGE! I've heard that track might end up being 20 minutes long :eek:

@ Benny Lava ,as far as I know, every G.O.O.D Friday song thats on the album will be different to what we've already heard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

looking foward to this, the whole good friday thing has got me liking kanye again after all that auto tune rubbish, great to hear kanye rapping again because he is a top rapper and im also looking foward to the new album he has coming out with jay z called watch the throne after this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Track list is a big let down, we've heard half of it already and even if the album versions are different to the songs released already I doubt they'll be completely different.

In other news Jay and Kanye now want to make Watch The Throne a full album rather than a 5 track EP as originally planned.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.12742/title.jay-z-kanye-west-to-release-full-album-not-ep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Can't wait for this album. 808s and Heartbreak grew on me, but I'm glad he's returned to his old ways. He's an incredible producer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

Cant stop playing Gorgeous in my head, love anything Kid Cudi seems to touch these days. Also slightly addicted to the mix he does of power on the drum machine, dark fantasy and all of the lights standing out for me currently, defiantly crave this album

"Penitentiary chances, the devil dances and eventually answers to the call of autumn
    All them fallin, for the love of ballin
    Get caught with 30 rocks, the cop look like Alec Baldwin" - savage :D

weemcd wrote: »
    Cant stop playing Gorgeous in my head, love anything Kid Cudi seems to touch these days. Also slightly addicted to the mix he does of power on the drum machine, dark fantasy and all of the lights standing out for me currently, defiantly crave this album

"Penitentiary chances, the devil dances and eventually answers to the call of autumn
    All them fallin, for the love of ballin
    Get caught with 30 rocks, the cop look like Alec Baldwin" - savage :D

dont think you'l like this from cudi unless your a rock fan, this has disaster all over it just like that rubbish lil wayne put out, sorry bud

http://www.thisis50.com/profiles/blogs/kid-cudi-waves-goodbye-to-his

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

This is the 35 minute movie that acts as the video for Runaway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

184866829.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1288409294&Signature=h2BG81zLEOxhLPITK7DpNYRkrBs%3D

I'm guessing the above should be this.

c7e4159fe8a15220a3a05df50ccb9871.png

Also new Cudi leaked and it's p. bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Danow247

another quality new Good friday song from kanye.

http://kanyewest.com/2010/10/the-joy/

dont think you'l like this from cudi unless your a rock fan, this has disaster all over it just like that rubbish lil wayne put out, sorry bud

http://www.thisis50.com/profiles/blogs/kid-cudi-waves-goodbye-to-his

:eek::(:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

This release is not strictly a Kanye album, it's more of a show case of G.o.o.d. Musics artist, it's kinda on the lines of Dr. Dre's Aftermath album it just features a lot more of the label boss. I have a feeling that Kanye is trying to prove some point about downloads and the music industry with this as well. As in, we've already given out half this album for free and we'll still push big numbers. I'm prob wrong though. I'll defo pick up a copy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Benny Lava

I'm liking the song "Gorgeous" with Kid Cudi and Raekwon.

The album version of "All of the Lights" is good enough but the highly talked about cast barely get any time to themselves apart from Rihanna.

kanye's album starting to leak, im liking this song big time

yeah, pretty much every song bar Blame Game is out in one shape or form

I do believe what Kanye said though, I can't see the G.O.O.D Fridays being the exact same as what we've already heard

btw, Gorgeous is fantastic, that, Lost In The World and AOTL are my favourites so far

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Danow247

another quality good friday song from kanye! loving j cole's verse!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Haven't gotten the whole album yet (just a partial leak) and I don't like all of it, but Runaway is an amazing tune. Been looping that for ages. Having Pusha T on it doesn't hurt. ****ing class verse.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I have been deliberatly avoiding anything that is supposed to be from the album so far. I'm waiting for the final version before i listen.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I have been deliberatly avoiding anything that is supposed to be from the album so far. I'm waiting for the final version before i listen.
    I think that is th best thing to do, Kanye tweeted a few days back saying Devil In A New Dress is now 7 mins long, the version out now is just over 2 mins, so it looks like he's making major changes to the leaks that are out

• Advertisement

Devil in a New Dress wasn't a leak it was a GOOD Friday release.

Final versions of Dark Fantasy, All of The Lights and Blame Game are out there now
    I only listened to Dark Fantasy, and Jesus I thought the unfinished version was good, :eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Here are the 5 album covers:
    Kanye_West-MBDSF_1.jpg.jpgKanye_West-MBDSF_2.jpg.jpgKanye_West-MBDSF_3.jpg.jpgKanye_West-MBDSF_4.jpgKanye_West_11-08-2010.jpg

Rolling Stone gave the album 5 stars
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/reviews/album/45342/232350

Honestly, after a few very detailed listens I wouldn't disagree with them

I never thought I'd hear a Progressive hip hop album, well thats the only description I can come up it because this is different to anything I've ever heard

That break beat during Devil In A New Dress, damn.....

Impressive. Rolling Stone don't give out 5 stars easily, and this is Kanye's second one after Late Registration. Can't wait for this album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

all of the lights is excellent,not sure ill buy the album though considering the majority of it has been out for ages now.

Uncensored has leaked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

My only criticism of the album is I think he absolutely ruined Runaway. The simple version in the leak worked way better. Threw a stupid panning "Hey hey hey" all over the finished version and not mad on all the extra vocal lines. And the 3 minute vocoder outro is a bit pointless. Just over egged the pudding really.

• Advertisement

anyone think the second half of the album is not as strong as the first half?

Listened to this album twice now, and I'm very impressed. I love the fact that each of his albums try new ideas, yet still remain recognisably Kanye. This album is so different to anything else he's done, it's staggering. Only weak song in my opinion is Monster.
    He seems to be moving away from using recognisable samples. In the whole album, I only recognise 21st Century Schizoid Man by King Crimson.

I've been listening to this album pretty much non stop since Tuesday

I think it's a brilliant album, it might not be brilliant as a pure hip hop album, but musically it's amazing

@ Blisterman, I agree, Kanye is sampling a lot of different genres on this album, the sample are hard to pick out, but

Devil in A New Dress samples this @ 2:05:

And Blame Game samples this:

instant classic,well after about 3 listens its a classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Monster is quickly becoming one of my favourite ever songs..

I think Monster is the weakest track on the album. There were better GOOD Friday releases he could have put on there in my opinion, namely Christian Dior Denim Flow. Runaway is my favourite track followed by All of the Lights. It's a quality album, leaning towards it being his best.

• Advertisement

As i mentioned in an earlier post, i was waiting for a full release before i listened to the leaked material.

So i finally listened to it and very surprised by it, not the sound i was expecting, but a pretty good surprise. I really need to listen to it again before i pass proper judgement. Production is solid, content is solid but i got the impression there was some cheesey/corny stuff on it.......does he really use duechebag in a hook??? That just didnt work for me.

Today i've listened to 3 new albums, Celph Titled, Cee-Lo and Kanye, all of which are getting really great reviews.

Celph Titled is top of the pops for me (so far), probably because of the era i grew up in, Cee Lo second and Kanye third. But after a few listens of each that could be re-ordered :) Upon some slight reflection, Kanye's will probably have more longevity than the others....maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭baltimore sun

I really really dont like Kanye West, the only song that I've liked since he came on the music scene was Jesus Walks, I thought most of his stuff was fairly naff pop..........but, this album is fantastic, I'd put my house on it winning all kinds of awards. It wont make me go trawling thru his back catalogue coz I wasn't keen on it before but this is as close to a perfect record as you're going to get this year...I do hope it sends him insane like Axl Rose or the guy from The La's and then he'll disappear into legend and never make a record again, coz I think most of us will agree he's a proper twat.

It doesn't sound like any of his older stuff so if you didn't like it then I doubt you'd like it now just because of MBDTF. As for him being a twat, yeah he is, but as long as he's releasing albums like this I'm going to keep listening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Listening to the album now, 'Monster' is phenomenal and 'AOTL' is a pretty solid tune also.

Blown away by this album in fairness, best album ive had this year, would be on par with all kanye's other releases for me (bar 808's, did not care for that) defiantly a return to form, with this and watch the throne due, i've a feeling 2011 will feature me listening to a lot more kanye.

Dark Fantasy, Gorgeous, All of the Lights, Runaway, Hell of a Life and Lost in the world all standing out for me, Gorgeous a firm favourite

5 stars in every way

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Pitchfork gave it the legendary 10.0

hlaf way through and it hasn't lost my attention...

lordgoat wrote: »
    Pitchfork gave it the legendary 10.0

hlaf way through and it hasn't lost my attention...

It's getting perfect scores on alot of review sites.

Pitchfork review is here for anybody who's interested

Looks like this is already a shoe-in for most critics top 10-20 albums of this decade (ala Stankonia)

class album, i couldnt stop meself buyin a few tracks of itunes, i liked it so much i went in and bought the cd version for the car today.

top album from start to finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Seaneh wrote: »
    This is the 35 minute movie that acts as the video for Runaway.

This is one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen. Also, the album is a pile of ****. Are the reviews a collective practical joke? I'm definitely being trolled here right?

I wish Kanye would just go away. In fact if I could go back in time and kill him after The College Drop Out, I probably would.

Kold wrote: »
    This is one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen. Also, the album is a pile of ****. Are the reviews a collective practical joke? I'm definitely being trolling here right?

I wish Kanye would just go away. In fact if I could go back in time and kill him after The College Drop Out, I probably would.

I would agree with the bolded statement.

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    I would agree with the bolded statement.

Because disliking Kanyé's special brand of wanky hip pop is clearly trolling. Get a clue.

Kold wrote: »
    Because disliking Kanyé's special brand of wanky hip pop is clearly trolling. Get a clue.
    Nobody cares whether you dislike it, it's the attitude you use to express your dislike which makes me think you are trolling.

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Nobody cares whether you dislike it, it's the attitude you use to express your dislike which makes me think you are trolling.

Well, no, I'm not, I'm genuinely bemused by these perfect scores and the circlejerk over this album. Also, that video is absolutely horrific, like, one of the most offensive attempts at 'art' I've ever seen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement