Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS Move Controller

• 26-10-2010 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey everybody,

Im thinking of buying a set of the PS Move Motion Controller thingys for the PS3. Its as a gift, and I know pretty much nothing about computer games so was looking for some feedback from people who might know more about it than me.

How does it compare to the Wii?? (is it even similar or do I have my wires totally crossed)
    Is it worthwhile getting as an alternative to the Wii??

Thanks very much for any help. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭madmoe

Just won two of these and a PS3 at the weekend, not got them yet but when I do will post back here about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,342 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Technically, it's better and more precise than the Wii's system but there is limited support for it at the moment and only a couple of games worth getting for it - Sports Champions and Resident Evil 5 Gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,119 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Got this a few weeks ago. It's very good and more accurate than the Wii, but since it hasn't been out long, there are not a lot of games out for it yet. Sports Champion is excellent though and it's good for a laugh.

When you run Sports Champion guys for the first time guys does it ask you to update the software??

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 10 newbie_84

Great, sounds good- thanks guys!

It would only really be for the craic that I'd be buying it. We already have a PS3 in the house,so its only a matter of buying the controllers rather than forking out for a Wii!!
    Im sure Sony will eventually release some more games anyway, just hope the novelty hasnt worn off by then!! :p

Im presuming I need to buy a Starter Pack and then however many Controllers I want (Im thinking 2 is enough for now). Do I need to buy the "Move Navigator" as well or what is that for????

Thanks for the replies.... big help!!! :)

• Advertisement

The starter pack has one controller, the camera and a demo disk. So for 2 players, you'd only need to buy 1 more controller, and probably a full game rather than the demo. You don't need the navigation controller. You're able to use a normal PS controller and just hold it in one hand, though you don't need it for Sports Champion anyway

madmoe wrote: »
    When you run Sports Champion guys for the first time guys does it ask you to update the software??

Cheers,
    M

I can't remember actually. I think it might, although if it requires an update to play the game, it'll update it from the disk anyway

I can't remember actually. I think it might, although if it requires an update to play the game, it'll update it from the disk anyway

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Kingpin187

We picked up Move last weekend, really impressed with it

good few demos to try, bought Start The Party full game aswell more for my gf and daughter to play and it really is quite fun

hope they give it a lot of support

Advertisement