Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take That Sat 18th/Sun 19th June 2011 -- No ticket sales/advertising

Options
  • 26-10-2010 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Gigs announced they will be playing Croke Park, tickets on sale on Friday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Monday 30 May 2011 Sunderland Stadium of Light
    Friday 3 June 2011 City of Manchester Stadium
    Saturday 4 June 2011 City of Manchester Stadium
    Sunday 5 June 2011 City of Manchester Stadium
    Tuesday 7 June 2011 City of Manchester Stadium
    Tuesday 14 June 2011 Cardiff Millennium Stadium

Saturday 18 June 2011 Dublin Croke Park : Price range €70.70 - €99.50

Wednesday 22 June 2011 Glasgow Hampden Park
    Thursday 23 June 2011 Glasgow Hampden Park
    Monday 27 June 2011 Birmingham Villa Park
    Friday 1 July 2011 Wembley Stadium
    Saturday 2 July 2011 Wembley Stadium
    Sunday 3 July 2011 Wembley Stadium
    Tuesday 5 July 2011 Wembley Stadium

...plenty of scope for more Croke Pk dates...although at those prices I can't see many going to more than one gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I am definately going to this. Last years gig in Croker was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Mac0783

Can't wait, will be on internet first thing friday morning.. wonder how much the tickets will be??

• Registered Users Posts: 86,667 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Newly reformed Take That have announced they are going back on the road with a "spectacular" stadium tour. All five members attended the London press conference to announce the 14-date summer stadium tour around the UK which will be followed by a further six dates across Europe.
    The concerts will kick off in Sunderland in May 2011. Tickets go on sale at 9am on Friday.
    The tour will cater for Take That fans in all capacities as they will perform as a fivesome as well as a four peice, with Robbie singing solo material too.
    This will be the band's first tour in 15 years to include Robbie Williams.
    The group have enjoyed huge success this year, picking up the Hall Of Fame prize at the Q Awards on Monday.
    Their single, The Flood, is out now and their album Progress is due out November 22.

Progress Live 2011 UK Tour Dates:
    Monday May 30 Sunderland Stadium of Light
    Friday June 3 City of Manchester Stadium
    Saturday June 4 City of Manchester Stadium
    Sunday June 5 City of Manchester Stadium
    Tuesday June 7 City of Manchester Stadium
    Tuesday June 14 Cardiff Millennium Stadium
    Saturday June 18 Dublin Croke Park
    Wednesday June 22 Glasgow Hampden Park
    Thursday June 23 Glasgow Hampden Park
    Monday June 27 Birmingham Villa Park
    Friday July 1 Wembley Stadium
    Saturday July 2 Wembley Stadium
    Sunday July 3 Wembley Stadium
    Tuesday July 5 Wembley Stadium

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Four days in Wembley???

Fcuk that :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Faints

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

The rich just get richer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

That is an awful lot of stadium shows to play in such a small area. Fair play to them if they sell out all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,667 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think they will do more than 1 date in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I will be going defo.
    This will for sure be their biggest show ever.
    Playing Croker with Robbie Williams will be epic:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

:) Am going too
    I think they will do a second date in Ireland as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Hopefully the second date will be the free show robbie promised:p

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Hopefully the second date will be the free show robbie promised:p

Well seeing at at least 40 minutes of the gig will consist of Robbie singing solo material - there is a case to be made.;)

They are bound to add loads more dates - will want to break MJ's record of seven Wembley dates surely? I notice they are also doing a handful of stadium shows accross Europe including the San Siro in Milan. I've read that Take That are not successful outside the UK and Ireland - so Robbie must have agreed to sing even more solo songs abroad then seeing how huge he is pretty much everywhere outside North America. One thing is for sure they are all going to make a bloody fortune. Not a fan myself and won't be going but I can see one more Croker date being added. Tickets are not cheap are they? Starting at 70 quid before booking fee and that is most likely for a crap seats at the back? U2's cheapest were 30.:eek:

I saw U2 for 30 euro and they were actually still really good.
    With Take That I heard the lowest priced tickets are 55, which should get a decent seat.
    I have a friend who saw Westlife for around this much and their seating was in a good enough area of the stadium.
    I actually wonder who the support act(s) will be........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

SB-08 wrote: »
    Well seeing at at least 40 minutes of the gig will consist of Robbie singing solo material - there is a case to be made.;)

They are bound to add loads more dates - will want to break MJ's record of seven Wembley dates surely? I notice they are also doing a handful of stadium shows accross Europe including the San Siro in Milan. I've read that Take That are not successful outside the UK and Ireland - so Robbie must have agreed to sing even more solo songs abroad then seeing how huge he is pretty much everywhere outside North America. One thing is for sure they are all going to make a bloody fortune. Not a fan myself and won't be going but I can see one more Croker date being added. Tickets are not cheap are they? Starting at 70 quid before booking fee and that is most likely for a crap seats at the back? U2's cheapest were 30.:eek:

Take That were and are still massive across Europe. Italy in particular, went bonkers for them. They were bigger than Robbie ever was in Europe.
    karaokeman wrote: »
    I saw U2 for 30 euro and they were actually still really good.
    With Take That I heard the lowest priced tickets are 55, which should get a decent seat.
    I have a friend who saw Westlife for around this much and their seating was in a good enough area of the stadium.
    I actually wonder who the support act(s) will be........

Cheapest tickets will be 70 euro from what I can see on Ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Daisy! wrote: »
    Take That were and are still massive across Europe. Italy in particular, went bonkers for them. They were bigger than Robbie ever was in Europe.

Seriously? I just checked and their last album only reached #48 in Italy (infact it failed to go top 10 anywhere outside the UK and Ireland). Apparently Robbie Williams is the biggest selling artist of the decade outside the US of A. If you look at the sheer amount of massive stadium shows he played on his last tour it is seriously ridiculous - I can't think of any solo artist apart from her Madgesty who could rival it. Until you look for the info you don't realize how mega huge Robbie is around the world - and how insignificant Take That's current success appears to be when compared - which is odd considering the polar opposite view is given by the media.:confused:

I wonder how fast the Croker gig will sell in the morning? Correct me if I'm wrong but Robbie himself still holds the record of less than 20 minutes to sell it out the last time he played - so I reckon it is likely to be beaten. Would be foolish not to add another date seeing as they will probably make more of a profit from the Croker gig than any individual UK gig due to the prices here. U2 made something like 10 million per night last year.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

They'll add more. It's the MCD way - overwhelming demand yada yada when they know in advance there'll be more than one.

Bummed at the cost but still going. Hope standing will be closer to the 70 than 100 mark.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

they have 3 days till the next gig ofter croker and i say they will defo add one more date !!!!!!!!!! with robbie being back a date will defo be added on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Bummed at the cost but still going. Hope standing will be closer to the 70 than 100 mark.

Got my tickets there - standing are €70.70 plus €6.35 booking fee.
    Can't wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Smur

Was online at 8.00 am on the dot and still in queue for my tickets on the website. Hope I get them :(

• Advertisement

Smur wrote: »
    Was online at 8.00 am on the dot and still in queue for my tickets on the website. Hope I get them :(

Me too, Smur.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

I went online at 8am and picked up 2 seated tickets pretty easily. Not for myself mind you.... received a request yesterday evening.
    Can't believe the price for 2 tickets.... criminal.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Can't believe the price for 2 tickets.... criminal.

or the "service charge" for posting them :(

and not even for me

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ratzo Rizzo

Problem loading page

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Mattallica

Went in to get tickets for the mother and a two auntys! In the q for 17 minutes, to be told no tickets left! Sold out already?? Surely they'll announce another date!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Smur

Missed out :mad:

Smur wrote: »
    Missed out :mad:

Me too! What an infuriating system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

they all appear to be sold out since about 08.15!!!

Crap they're ALL sold out, and I booked mine on the dot at 8.00am

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Mattallica

What do you think the chances are of another night in croker?? I can see it happening, since the first one is gone already

Advertisement