Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take That Sat 18th/Sun 19th June 2011 -- No ticket sales/advertising

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

It's still possible to get standing for both nights, so persevere if you really want them.

well the guy i spoke to in empire (where i got my sunday ticks) told me there were no standing or any others left for saturday- all their allocation (or however they do it) were gone before 8.30

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Realistically that's what you're gonna have to pay!
    200+

as all the other seats are krap and standing is gone.

Mine were 207

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

My friend got three standing for Saturday a minute ago. There's still some for both nights about but it requires some perseverance.

Standing on pitch yes!

well the guy i spoke to in empire (where i got my sunday ticks) told me there were no standing or any others left for saturday- all their allocation (or however they do it) were gone before 8.30

Even when a gig sells out tickets still come back online, but you have to be lucky and patient. I would have preferred standing for Saturday myself (got Sunday) but it wasn't worth the risk of missing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Misticles wrote: »
    Realistically that's what you're gonna have to pay!
    200+

as all the other seats are krap and standing is gone.

Mine were 207

God i don't know would i pay 200+ for 2 tickets! I didn't even pay that much for Michael Buble - although it wasn't far off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

They've just announced another date in Cardiff on June 15th so i doubt there'll be a 3rd gig on the friday 17th, its not enough time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Still standing tickets for sat available I could get 4 just now,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Anybody know what block 329 in the Hogan will be like? Looks just about Ok from the stage plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

329 is pretty good should be about in line when they come out to the pitch audience on the walkway.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭irishharper

misread my ticket confirmation actually in section 307 cusack lower, anyone know anything about these seats are they good?? they look to be a little bit after the halfway line???
    how do the seat numbers work in croke park i know in aviva its left to right for the numbers what about croker? ours start at 11 so wondering if thats closer to 306 or 308..if that makes any sense!:)

would have been in a complete panic without this board this morning !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Insane Rambling

Just got some as a present for the gf, anyone have an idea what Section UPP722 in the Davin Stand is like? Kind of worried when my confirmation says it is not suitable for vertigo sufferers :pac:

Row Y !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭BasuGasu

Just got some as a present for the gf, anyone have an idea what Section UPP722 in the Davin Stand is like? Kind of worried when my confirmation says it is not suitable for vertigo sufferers :pac:

Row Y !

Put tissues and binoculars on your list of things to bring...

Not good seats, especially the row Y part.

Even in your seat you'll feel like you're falling!!

Hmm
    Don't want to put you off but Davin Stand ain't great.
    They warn about vertigo in row Y for a reason but you will have a clear view of the stage (far away though).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭BasuGasu

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Hmm
    but you will have a clear view of the stage (far away though).

Don't want to put you of either, of course, but I had similar seats for The Police gig and the stage was like a dot. Not enjoyable...

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭baldymac

Row Y !

im 721 row b, ur prob just above me lol, got tickets for da gf aswell, who cares, most wil be jealous, an shoud be a great view

enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 10 CS1

Got my tickets eventually - after 5 hours of trying. Not too bad either, upper Hogan but close to the stage.
    Really disgusted though that these tickets cost the same as lower Hogan or Cusack close to the stage - there is a vast difference in quality of seats and the prices should reflect this.
    Oh well, I guess as long as we keep buying them, they'll keep selling them at extortionate prices:rolleyes:
    It'll be worth it though - the last show at Croker was one of the best shows I have ever seen, and I wouldn't have been a massive TT fan before that, but I am now!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Ok boys and girls, no links to tickets sales on ebay from here on..

Also go easy on the giving out about the ticketmaster site because you didn't get tickets. Literally 1000's of people did so it's the luck of the draw, And as with ever concert the system crashed. It happens. It's not surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭kennM

lordgoat wrote: »
    Ok boys and girls, no links to tickets sales on ebay from here on..

Also go easy on the giving out about the ticketmaster site because you didn't get tickets. Literally 1000's of people did so it's the luck of the draw, And as with ever concert the system crashed. It happens. It's not surprising.

Performance and scalability testing of a system to ensure it can handle the extra load is not rocket science. It can be done, relatively easily, by the right people and fix it. The load that brings it down is quite low in the greater scheme of things.... plenty of systems out there handle millions, tens of millions of transactions per hour/day. You may have had... 100,000 tops hitting it today and it fell on its ass. Poor systems management.... no competition, they don't care

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 hurler99

Finally got tickets for UPP735 Hogan stand row N. Am taking the children and wondered if this is extremely high up? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

kennM wrote: »
    Performance and scalability testing of a system to ensure it can handle the extra load is not rocket science. It can be done, relatively easily, by the right people and fix it. The load that brings it down is quite low in the greater scheme of things.... plenty of systems out there handle millions, tens of millions of transactions per hour/day. You may have had... 100,000 tops hitting it today and it fell on its ass. Poor systems management.... no competition, they don't care

Totally agree - granted i can actually get onto the website now but there's still problems when you actually go to buy the tickets. It says 'we are experiencing high demand' which i find hard to believe at this stage of the day when the majority of the tickets have been sold.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

hurler99 wrote: »
    Finally got tickets for UPP735 Hogan stand row N. Am taking the children and wondered if this is extremely high up? Thanks

god yes its high !!!!!:p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

kennM wrote: »

Hmmm you say they don't I view it as.

1)Number of huge gigs that sell out in seconds = very small.
    2)Number of gigs that don't sell out instantly and will have tickets sales evenly spaced out = large.

It is not necessary tbh. It would be like Ireland ordering a couple of hundred snow plough for the 2 weeks of ice and snow we get.

And the majority of people on here seems to have gotten tickets. I just checked a few mins ago and there still are some left. You just need to be persistent and have a decent internet connection.

100,000 tops hitting it today

You are joking yes?
    You can multiply that by twenty to get the true number for all the gigs in the British Isles.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

iv been up since 8 dis morning refreshing and everything and all i have gotten was nose bleed seats !!! i have been very persistent and i have a fast connection !!!! bloody supid it is !!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad: not happy atall

A V A wrote: »
    iv been up since 8 dis morning refreshing and everything and all i have gotten was nose bleed seats !!! i have been very persistent and i have a fast connection !!!! bloody supid it is !!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad: not happy atall

You're having very bad luck altogether. Are you trying for standing? I'd switch between the two dates intermittently. You should get something.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Girlfriend picked 2 up for herself and her mother at 8.04am on Ticketmaster this morning - Lower Cusack, Block 308 or 309, Row G.

She's chuffed, and I'm chuffed..

.. that I don't have to go with her! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Cookie89

WooHoo finally got my tickets not great but dead centre lower Davin Stand at least I'll experience the atmosphere.

Have to agree about ticketmaster that type of demand is not the norm, however I really do think it was stupid to put some of the English dates on sale at the same time as Dublin you were just asking for the site to crash.

For all those still trying keep trying you'll get something at the end but stay away from ebay. GOODLUCK

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

NO ticket sales/link to sales/swaps.

Got ten. Sister bought them too at the same time.
    5 standing, 5 Upper Cusack.
    Now my only problem is offloading the extra 5.

Not a bad problem though compared to others. The site crashed on me numerous times at every stage. Finally got through.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the advice. It was an accident that I got ten so not in it for the money. Will wait till I have them in hand and try that.

Advertisement