Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take That Sat 18th/Sun 19th June 2011 -- No ticket sales/advertising

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

I'm open to correction on this, but I'm fairly sure Robbie Williams is back as a member of Take That, so this tour will feature Take That as a 5 piece rather than having a solo set from Robbie Williams and then a set from Take That. So I reckon you're looking at a support slot by some random band and then a full set by the newly reunited 5 piece Take That.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

Judging on past boyband tours, some of them get solo slots to sing one of their own songs. Or you might get the whole band joining Robbie on one of his hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Anyone receive their tickets from ticketmaster for the Croke Park gigs yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭bren2001

Anyone receive their tickets from ticketmaster for the Croke Park gigs yet?

No, Dont expect them to be released for another few months yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭irishharper

I only got my Michael Buble tickets like two months before the gig so i'd say we'll be waiting a while!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I'm open to correction on this, but I'm fairly sure Robbie Williams is back as a member of Take That, so this tour will feature Take That as a 5 piece rather than having a solo set from Robbie Williams and then a set from Take That. So I reckon you're looking at a support slot by some random band and then a full set by the newly reunited 5 piece Take That.

No not like that.
    What I mean is Robbie might come on stage first and perform a full setlist. When he is done the rest of Take That could join him on stage and then the 5 of them would perform all their hits (with Robbie Williams singing also). Thought it might be a possibility because Robbie will have to play all his hits too. On the subject of support acts, Cheryl Cole would be epic:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭suraheg

Hey guys,

I booked a ticket on that horrendous morning over the phone for the Sunday concert. Does anyone know how long Ticketmaster usually take to send out the tickets? I booked my parents two sitting tickets that morning and managed to do it online before it all went belly up, then tried get to get 2 standing for myself.. but had to phone instead, we all know why!

Thanks guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭suraheg

Yeah and if i bothered to read a few posts higher i would have found out...! Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

karaokeman wrote: »
    No not like that.
    What I mean is Robbie might come on stage first and perform a full setlist. When he is done the rest of Take That could join him on stage and then the 5 of them would perform all their hits (with Robbie Williams singing also). Thought it might be a possibility because Robbie will have to play all his hits too. On the subject of support acts, Cheryl Cole would be epic:)

What I've heard is that about a third of the way through Robbie will play a few of his own songs before Take That come back and finish up.

EDIT:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkG9rRr1OfQ&NR=1&feature=fvwp
    Should answer the question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Tickets have arrived!

Any word on who is supporting yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Btwndeyes

Bump- anyone know if any support has been announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Btwndeyes wrote: »

Nope not yet. It's usually on MCD.ie first and they haven't got it up yet. I imagine it'll probably be around March or April at the earliest when someone is announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

Btwndeyes wrote: »

Yeah, it's Slipknot

This has already been discussed.
    The support act is Cheryl Cole:P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

/facepalm

I don't know why they don't just announce a third date at Croke Park.

Or even the Aviva. I say the more stadiums Take That can sell out the better, they've already beat Jacko's record of 7 consecutive nights at Wembley.

Any link to that confirmation?

• Advertisement

Thats not confirmation.

Until we know for sure, this is our best bet.

Besides Robbie said she was their #1 choice, so hopefully they will get her.

Anyways you hardly think Cheryl Cole could turn down Take That. They are the biggest band of the past 20 years and she is spoiled to have them invite her on tour.

Until we know for sure, this is our best bet.

Besides Robbie said she was their #1 choice, so hopefully they will get her.

Anyways you hardly think Cheryl Cole could turn down Take That. They are the biggest band of the past 20 years and she is spoiled to have them invite her on tour.

Oh I completely accept what you're saying but its far from confirmation. If a radio station interviews you and says oh would you like to have SINGER A support you, you're hardly going to cause a stir and say no, you'll always say yes for good PR and throw in the "oh we've a few acts we wouldnt mind",

I don't think it is a "best bet", its one interview that the Daily Mail are running with, its the furthest thing from confirmation that there is.

TT said they had a few names but wouldnt mention anyone, the radio DJ said how about Cheryl Cole and they quipped "oh yeah have you her number". If they said "no", they'd come off as either arrogant, not interested or something, but it would be bad PR either way.

TT didnt even mention her name on their own accord, it was a DJ mentioning it, so I wouldnt even say she's "the best bet".

I know this is a random post but has anyone got a yahoo account where they can answer my Take That question?

http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AnNw0kJtQe1523iKx4FTsErg5gt.;_ylv=3?qid=20110212062556AA5Bm6D

Doesn't matter how good or bad it is because I need an answer within the next 5 days or this will expire.

Thanks to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the actual face value tickets are for the Take That concerts in Croke Park.

Particularly interested in finding out how much the Davin Upper seats Section 718/719/720 cost or the Davin Lower Sections 317/318/319!

Ticketmaster only giving price range €70- €99 as concert is sold out but presume €70 is standing in the field and seats are dearer!

Thanks in advance

scout353 wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the actual face value tickets are for the Take That concerts in Croke Park.

Particularly interested in finding out how much the Davin Upper seats Section 718/719/720 cost or the Davin Lower Sections 317/318/319!

Ticketmaster only giving price range €70- €99 as concert is sold out but presume €70 is standing in the field and seats are dearer!

Thanks in advance

GA (General Admission) standing tickets are abouts 99.50 because they let you stand anywhere. Other standing tickets, which are undefined come in the range of 77.50-90 Euro.

I'm not exactly sure about seated tickets. All I know is none of the tickets went on sale for less than 70 Euro.

I got my GA standing for 118 (including posting and packaging). Its dear but I'm trying to realise its worth it because in the past I could've payed 70 Euro each for TT and Robbie Williams but now I get to see the two in one show.

GA (General Admission) standing tickets are abouts 99.50 because they let you stand anywhere. Other standing tickets, which are undefined come in the range of 77.50-90 Euro.

I'm not exactly sure about seated tickets. All I know is none of the tickets went on sale for less than 70 Euro.

I got my GA standing for 118 (including posting and packaging). Its dear but I'm trying to realise its worth it because in the past I could've payed 70 Euro each for TT and Robbie Williams but now I get to see the two in one show.

General admission tickets were €70.70 (excluding service charge) and there's only one type of standing ticket. You must not have bought your tickets direct from ticketmaster because 118 is extremely high and all my friends who got standing paid the same as me.

General admission tickets were €70.70 (excluding service charge) and there's only one type of standing ticket. You must not have bought your tickets direct from ticketmaster because 118 is extremely high and all my friends who got standing paid the same as me.

Nope bought it on Ebay.

Ridiculous price I know but thats the cheapest standing ticket I could find.

All the others were like 200-300 Euro a ticket, its just sick when you think people can get away with that.

But yeah I can't afford to miss this show. I've wanted to see Robbie Williams for years now and I missed Take That the last time they played Dublin, which I heard from some people was phenomenal.

Also I doubt this will be their last tour as a 5-piece because they've already recorded new material and Robbie has spoke of his amiration for TT's current status as a big production touring band.

Support act has been confirmed, its the Pet Shop Boys.

Don't know if this will be for the whole tour but hopefully we will still get Cheryl for the Irish dates.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2011/04/04/pet-shop-boys-to-support-take-that-on-tour-115875-23036109/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Weird one that

Advertisement